getting hosed by the water company

Status
Not open for further replies.
The basic points:

The reason people on this board asked you to check you own home for leaks is that 90% of the time excessive water usage is caused by small leaks in your homes plumbing. There are people on this board who either have been here before or believe it or not, work for water and water related utilities.

It wasn't made clear anywhere that you have excessive usage. Your reported usage fits within normal, even the 12,000+ gallon reading.

If you had an estimated reading, the next time the meter is read, your bill will work itself out. I generally end up with one estimated gas bill and one estimated electric bill a year, and they generally are high. When the meter is read the next time, the bill is low (or even a credit that carries on another month...)

It is possible the units on your meter and the units you are billed in aren't the same.

If you articulated your problem to the customer service number as well as you did here, you are getting exactly the response I'd expect.

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
No [censored]. It was answered. Thats not the issue the issue is how a few people act on here. I appreciate the few who gave good solid advice ans its to bad not everyone is capable of that

As with everything in life, take what you find valuable, and ignore the rest. Trying to correct and argue every single response that you receive is a time waster and only causes aggravation for all involved. Don't fall for it. Move on.

To update they installed a new meter its digital and has a cord that is attached to the lid. Its weird. But they recorded me using 23000 gallons already for the next bil,they took that reading before installing the digital meter. So far today wave used about 40 gallons the other meter was fine I think its just them covering there [censored].

You must be mixing units. 40 something's times 30 days is only 1200 somethings.

If it's 1200 Cu ft, then that's like 9600 gal, which means that the original 12k gal estimate is likely fairly reasonable as an estimate.

How they get >20k gallons is beyond me.

Gooduck and keep monitoring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back