K&N vs AEM filter air flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know that kn filters allow way to much dirt in by what a lot of people say, and that the AEM dry flow filtration is so much better my question is, how is the air flow rate in the dry filter compared to the kn filter?

just want to make sure that the dry flow isnt too restrictive. thanks

Last edited:
Just stick with plain Jane paper filter unless your working with a heavly nodded vehicle.

Engines work under vacuum. As long as you replace the air filters as scheduled the car will get all the air it needs.

Doesn't matter if you have a new paper filter, a k&n, or the aem dry. The computer will not tell the engine to take any more or less air.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Just stick with plain Jane paper filter unless your working with a heavly nodded vehicle.

Engines work under vacuum. As long as you replace the air filters as scheduled the car will get all the air it needs.

Doesn't matter if you have a new paper filter, a k&n, or the aem dry. The computer will not tell the engine to take any more or less air.
+1 (and Im a K&N dealer here)
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: 3800Series

The computer will not tell the engine to take any more or less air ----Very true but the computer will signal for alot more fuel with a less restrictive air cleaner like K$N ,,,
More air flow = more gas consumption
My K&N went to the flea market and that was the best couple bucks i ever got cause i am getting way better gas mileage with the stock filter

im looking for a replacment filter for my s2000's K&N fipk intake and wanted to switch over to a dry flow filter but wanted to know if its a lot more restrictive vs the kn filter. i know it has better filtering media then the kn but wanted to know air flow

Originally Posted By: dedonderosa
im looking for a replacment filter for my s2000's K&N fipk intake and wanted to switch over to a dry flow filter but wanted to know if its a lot more restrictive vs the kn filter. i know it has better filtering media then the kn but wanted to know air flow

Are you still going to use the FIPK intake pipe? If so buy the largest Dry Flow that will fit, if the D/F is a little more restrictive the extra 2" to 4" in length will more than make up for the extra restriction(and much better filtering) than the KN filter gives you.

I also have a S2000 and what I did was to take out the divider in the stock air box and now run a filter that is almost twice as long as the stock cone filter.
If I had a FIPK, I would run a over length filter on it too.

ROD
p.s. I have 90k miles on my air filter and I am just now getting 8" H2o of restriction, will change the filter out this spring(with photos)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back