Any J200 LX or Land Cruiser owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is related to brake pedal travel. Vehicle in question is a '14 LX 570 with a 3UR-FE - I find the amount of pedal travel rather scary. There's about an inch of travel before you actually feel the brakes doing their job. Dealer considers this "normal", although they did thoroughly inspect and bleed the brakes with DOT 4 upon request. Truck only has 9,000 miles on the clock.

I will say I'm very used to grabby brakes, such as VW's, and I find the brakes on most Toyota/Lexus products to be less grabby in general. That said, I was wondering what other people's experiences are. Thanks.

No, it is not normal. In my case, they had to replace the master cylinder on 2013 LX. Dealer will consider many things normal and I had to ask to bleed again twice, until the third mechanic knew what he was doing. But, when you have air bubbles in the system, it shortens pedal travel most of the time.

An inch of travel is dangerous.

I had a gut feeling something was wrong with the MC. Now to try and explain that to the knuckleheads at the only Toyota/Lexus dealer in the country. It's going to suck forking out for a new one on a $100,000 vehicle otherwise.

Have you managed to take care of it? I double checked and Lexus says not to exceed 6mm right in the owner'a manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back