Which tires for 2014 Mustang GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rand

Even sold retail they can be the oem spec rubber.
frequently some sizes are oem and some are "retail formulation"

Exactly. I have a couple of sizes in RS-As with 3-4 different product codes in the same size, and all of them have slightly different tread and weigh different. Each product code is linked to a different OEM spec tire for that particular company. Really confusing alot of times.

Originally Posted By: bourne
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Gawd, my new Ram has Goodyear Wranglers on it. I sure hope they are worth a hoot. Time will tell...

Most of the new Rams have the Silent Armor tire as OEM equipment, which is an awesome tire and has a cult following at my store. Some of my customers are on their third set, they nearly always exceed tread life warranty period if taken care of.

If they are the SR-As, well you are SOL
frown.gif

No, most all have the HPs, or SRAs (which are both horrible). Only the Outdoorsmans have Silent Armors (LT ProGrades). The rest all have P-series SRAs or HPs.

Sorry --- I guess this has nothing to do with a Mustang.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I will check out the reviews for the suggested Goodyear tires and see what I think. I just want to make sure I make the right choice since tires are so expensive. Thanks again for all of the feedback.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wtd
I will check out the reviews for the suggested Goodyear tires and see what I think. I just want to make sure I make the right choice since tires are so expensive. Thanks again for all of the feedback.

Wayne

Just an FYI that I neglected to mention, The GoodYear F1 GS-D3 won a tire test competition several years ago that Car &Driver published. That's where I first heard of them. Though the test is a little dated, is does have a good overview of the tires the OP is looking at for his "sporty" (non-truck) application.

Again, it's an amazing tire that helped me more than one time to avoid certain disaster due to its phenomenal grip.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/tire-test-the-quick-and-the-tread-comparison-tests

Z.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bourne
For your application I highly suggest you look into the Eagle F1 Asymmetric line, either Summer or All-Season. Only other tire I know that compares are the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires.

Sorry, but the PS Cups are a MUCH MUCH stickier compound tire than the Eagle F1s will EVER be!

Yes, they will not be as good in the wet as the GYs, and will certainly wear MUCH quicker.
But there is NO CONTEST on dry, over 45*F ambient pavement as far as available grip goes between the Cups (which, to be fair, ARE a 'semi R compound' race tire) and the Eagle F1s (which are a max performance street tire).

Originally Posted By: zray
Originally Posted By: wtd

Wayne

Just an FYI that I neglected to mention, The GoodYear F1 GS-D3 won a tire test competition several years ago that Car &Driver published. That's where I first heard of them. Though the test is a little dated, is does have a good overview of the tires the OP is looking at for his "sporty" (non-truck) application.

Again, it's an amazing tire that helped me more than one time to avoid certain disaster due to its phenomenal grip.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/tire-test-the-quick-and-the-tread-comparison-tests

Z.

Thanks for the additional info.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back