Seloc/Clymer manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woman @ work needs some service manuals for a 1992 Evinrude 115HP.

Online I see manuals by both of these companies for sale; does anyone have any feedback on the quality of them; should I choose one over the other? (or neither)

Any other advice for obtaining printed manuals would be appreciated; I looked @ the Ken Cook site to no avail.

Boatinfo has the manual online in PDF, but it appears not to be downloadable. Not handy if the wifi doesn't go to the dock.

Thanks.

I had a friend with an old 1986 model Yamaha 3-cylinder 2-stroke that had seized. It was the typical water impeller deterioration which lead to the top cylinder seizure. I bought a SELOC manual to help with the overhaul of the engine and it was formatted exactly like a Clymer or Haynes manual. It was next to useless for what I needed. EVERYTHING was generic, it covered way too many applications with not enough detail to repair any single problem, and the precise details were lacking.

Had it not been for the incredible customer support from Yamaha Marine I would have had problems with this overhaul.

My advice - buy the factory manual for whatever you're working on. They are expensive but the generic SELOC likely won't cover in detail what you're trying to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back