Maintenance Doses of fuel additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never have used stabilizers and so far never have had a problem I thing stabilizers are just marketing

agree, i have also been using mainly stabil for at least 15 years or more and i do not have to clean out carbs for deteriorated gasoline gunk. my personal opinion is that it does help to use E0 fuel also, but sometimes you just can't avoid it.

Like most folks on this forum, I keep treated fuel in snow blower, mowers(3), generator, and 3 vehicles that likely don't see too much usage in the winter, I also keep at least 5-5 gallon storage cans on hand for emergency purpose when power goes out or there is just too much snow to clear, also have an older skid steer that is always treated with stabil and no more issues with deteriorated fuel since i started using it.

now i suppose if you leave fuel whether treated or not in anything for way too long it will and can go bad, i just have not gone that distance yet.

thanks nyogtha for the info on the green earth fuel stabilizer, i'll look into and see if i can find some for my evaluation.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your input. I'm surprised that more people are not having the same type issues. Maybe its just a bad year for me.

i was wondering about tcw3's ability at stabilizing fuel, but i am going to find out as I don't believe I added any stabil to my weed eater this fall as winter hit us fast and hard this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back