Amazon package lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Also for future reference, banks have to have a notary on staff and if you have an account there, they don't normally charge you anything to get something notarized. But anyway, the easiest way is to contact Amazon directly or the credit card company and have them reverse the charge. I had this happen with rockauto. For some reason the fedex guy just left the package on the front steps of my apartment complex where lots of people just walk by the whole day. Needless to say it disappeared and rockauto just shipped another package. Didn't have to fill out any paperwork, just told them that I never got it and fedex couldn't show that anyone signed for it.
Very unlikely the Town Clerk in your town will charge a fee either, they're already being paid. I just had an AGM battery arrive from the ZON damaged. They told me by email to keep the battery and gave me a credit. Easy.

Last edited:
Amazon became the largest online retail site by screwing their customers: NOT.

They are where they are because they have the best possible customer services.

Any problem what-so-ever with any seller on Amazon just contact Amazon customer service, your problem will be solved in no time.

A seller as large as Sonic will have a mailroom that generates UPS labels to be put on packages. They will have a pre-generated tracking number that Sonic got from UPS via the software they use - something like UPS WorldShip maybe.

So the package will have had a tracking number generated the moment they printed the shipping label.

When the driver picks stuff, he'll scan it in. So if it had left Sonic's warehouse it should have had a tracking event.

Even on the off chance the driver put it on the truck without scanning it in, there would have been some tracking info from UPS from when it got checked in at their facility or loaded onto another truck.

So if the tracking number hasn't changed from "Order Processed: Ready for UPS", it's sitting in Sonic's mailroom somewhere. Or maybe it wandered out of Sonic's facility in someone's purse. Who knows. But UPS didn't get it if the trackig's not showing anything.

I used to write software to read UPS tracking info to figure out if packages had been delivered on time to see if the shipper could get a refund or not. Oh, that was a PITA....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back