Toughguard vs wix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fram is much easier to find for me and I know it's liked on here, but wix seems great too...TG3506 vs 51042. Thoughts? Will be doing 2 oci at 4k each most likely. Short trip gm truck. Wix Xp better?

Personally I prefer the Tough Guard - I've used it and will continue to use it in the future.
But I don't think you can go wrong with using the Wix either.
Both will meet the demands of your usage intentions with ease.

You gotta be kiddin' .... you're comparing a Wix to a Fram?

That Wix is superior to the Fram in every way shape and form.

Both are good and will work fine for your needs. The TG is definetly more efficient and easier to find though. WIX is good if you have cardboard phobia. I use both depending on my mood.
laugh.gif

The WIX XP is a joke. Locally they are $15+.. I could buy 3 TGs with that!

Please give some examples of the superior shape and form of the Wix vs. a Tough Guard.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You gotta be kiddin' .... you're comparing a Wix to a Fram?

That Wix is superior to the Fram in every way shape and form.

Toughguard has a higher rated efficiency and costs less as well.(Parts store for Wix vs WalMart for Fram)

TG has held up well for most. Unless there is a common theme of cardboard not holding up, the TG gets my vote since i choose filtration over build (unless its built like a puro)

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Please give some examples of the superior shape and form of the Wix vs. a Tough Guard.

I B --------->
Trolling.gif

U B -------->
hooked.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Any quality built filter will do. The air filter and its plumbing will have more effect on the life of an engine than the oil filter.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
The WIX XP is a joke. Locally they are $15+.. I could buy 3 TGs with that!

The efficiency on the XP is also a joke.

I B --------->
Trolling.gif

U B -------->
hooked.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Weak cover-up attempt.
grin.gif

Both are great. I use the Wix because I got their 12 count case on ebay for about $55 with free shipping. Sometimes i'll throw in a napa silver during the summer that I got on sale for about $2.70 this summer.

Exactly what I thought.

I B --------->
Trolling.gif

U B -------->
hooked.gif

crackmeup2.gif

I prefer WIX. "Local" company too.

As far as superior, FRAM can't hold a light to WIX... because FRAM does not make a filter with the correct bypass setting for Subaru outside a harder-to-find Orange can and this WIX/NAPA filters are easier to find, cheaper (for what I get), and perform better. It is more about specific application than blanket statements.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc

As far as superior, FRAM can't hold a light to WIX... because FRAM does not make a filter with the correct bypass setting for Subaru outside a harder-to-find Orange can and this WIX/NAPA filters are easier to find, cheaper (for what I get), and perform better. It is more about specific application than blanket statements.

Well Fram makes the Subaru OEM filter.....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Alltherage
The fram is much easier to find for me and I know it's liked on here, but wix seems great too...TG3506 vs 51042. Thoughts? Will be doing 2 oci at 4k each most likely. Short trip gm truck. Wix Xp better?

Either the TG or the Wix (not XP) will serve you well for a 8k FCI.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc

Well Fram makes the Subaru OEM filter.....
smile.gif

There aren't a whole lot of oil filter making companies in the world.

I would use either one (FRAM TG and Wix/NAPA Gold) on my vehicle without hesitation. I would choose FRAM TG or Wix/NAPA Gold over Wix XP/NAPA Platinum. FRAM TG and Wix/NAPA Gold have better filtering efficiencies than Wix XP/NAPA Platinum (according to information I have read here on BITOG) and they cost much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back