Whats your favorite mouse/pocket gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for something different.
very small yet larger than my NAA. 22 mag revolver

What do you guys carry that's smaller than a .38 snubby?

Glock 42 on the bottom is pretty small and semi auto mag reload. The 6+1 chambered beats the J Frame capacity.

I believe we have the Kahr P380 on top and is also very small and compact.

A snubby with no external hammer is pretty tight though.

I noticed you said you wanted something different, have you seen the MPA protector 380?

100_0145.jpg

Anything is better than nothing in a self defence situation, but with the size of my hands a mouse gun would be unusable!
A pen/bunch of keys/brass knuckle/fist/forehead would be much more reassuring, psychologically.
Although with ergonomics accounted for, a .45 acp hollow point is quite the confidence-instiller

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Glock 42 on the bottom is pretty small and semi auto mag reload. The 6+1 chambered beats the J Frame capacity.

I believe we have the Kahr P380 on top and is also very small and compact.

A snubby with no external hammer is pretty tight though.

I noticed you said you wanted something different, have you seen the MPA protector 380?

100_0145.jpg

That looks more like a G26 10+1 and a lot larger than a G42

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 95busa
Ruger LC9

I shot one of these recently. It had a surprisingly excellent trigger. I'm a fan.

I've had the Glock G42 (380cal)...Absolutely no malfunctions, but I couldn't get used to the trigger and couldn't get decent accuracy. Traded it for a Ruger LC9s which has much nice trigger and one I can shoot accurately. It too has had no malfunctions right out of the box. Also has a safety which I like.

Just bought a Kahr CW380...very small, smooth long trigger pull, but one with which I can get decent accuracy. Some Kahr's run without any failures and some have horrible problems. I'm still in the "break-in" period that Kahr calls for (200rds) and with only a 100 rds thru it have had one failure to eject, one failure to go into battery, all in the first few rounds. No failures in the last 70rds shot the other day.Recoil is very tolerable. The Ruger Lc9s also has a light recoil. I carry in OWB holster...the 9mm is obviously heavier but comfortable, but I barely notice when I carry the Kahr. I don't carry it away from home untill I am assured of its reliability.

9mm ammo is more readily avail than 380 and cheaper.

M&P Shield. 7+1 or 8+1 of 9mm or 9mm +P, light, narrow, acceptable trigger and doesn't have too much recoil- even with +P rounds.

Mine is currently loaded with 9 rounds of Hornady Critical Duty 135grn +P and is carried inside the waist band from when I dress in the morning to when I come home at night.

M&P 340PD
Kahr PM 9

1 of these is always near. Unless working, larger frame guns just don't get carried (by me).

I just use a 5 shot , 38 revolver,Rossi, got other toys, but the revolver is good for me, automatics are nice, but just have never trusted them..........to easy to go off, but the revolver I feel safer, but I only get 5 shots. I have to shoot straight the first time.

Last edited:
Pocket or ankle holster sees my Ruger LCP .380. The new stainless slide LCP is my next planned purchase.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Anything is better than nothing in a self defence situation, but with the size of my hands a mouse gun would be unusable!
A pen/bunch of keys/brass knuckle/fist/forehead would be much more reassuring, psychologically.
Although with ergonomics accounted for, a .45 acp hollow point is quite the confidence-instiller

Agreed. We have a close friend of the family who has been in law enforcement his entire career (minus 10 yrs in the military). As a sheriff you can believe he saw his share of shootings, many of which were self defense. His outlook for a personal carry weapon is to select the largest caliber you can effectively control. In other words, a .45 Is only good for you if you can control it and put multiple rounds down in a short time and maintain a tight group. A smaller caliber is absolutely better than nothing but may or may not stop the crazed intruder or thief that's been hopped up on drugs for the last several days. Take down power is extremely important, but you have to be able to control it.
Personally, the .45 is my favorite for a few reasons and I have more than a few to choose from. The smallest framed .45 I own is a Colt Defender With a 3" barrel, not the easiest gun to shoot effectively but it definitely gets the job done.

My present dress up gun is a Sig 230 (.380) I have a friend with a Colt Mustang and I really like the conceal ability of that little gun also. My everyday carry gun is a HK USP45.

Last edited:
Yes control is the key. Large calibers are great, but unless you shoot alot, like 300 rounds a month to keep in practice, a small 380 auto or the Rossi 38 wont jump out of your hand so to speak and remember , you are gonna be scared u know whatless anyway in a gun fight----the bad guys do shoot back--real life is not Hollywood and guns misfire, or jam-----best advice "Run if you can" was taught to us from our carry permit class---most of us cant afford lawyers and lawsuits--being fired from your job and the list goes on and on...just be careful guys, imho. Use common sense.
34.gif

I wouldn't call many of the stated guns (like the G42 and certainly the Shield) a "mouse gun". A own a Shield, and it's compact, but it's not very pocketable. The Bodyguard .380 maybe... A G42 is small, but somewhat harder to conceal in an average pocket carry situation.

Now...my Kel-Tec P-32...THAT is a mouse gun. 7+1 of .32 auto. It fits easily in the palm of your hand, and is pocketable ANYWHERE. Plus, it weighs less than 15 oz fully loaded. Kel-Tec's P-3AT is the .380 version, and it's dimensionally the same as the P-32. It lacks a slide stop, though, which I feel is important in a semi-automatic pistol. So I have the P-32 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back