Range Rover or Land Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at a 2004 through 2008 Discovery or SE, any owners out there that can give me an
opinion on reliability or general driving and comfort? Thank You !

Any particular reason you have narrowed your selection down to that? I would think you can do far better in another brand/model for reliability and price, those 2008s must still be pretty expensive!

What is your budget? What is your needs? This will help a lot. Do you need an SUV? Do you need 4WD?

Land and Range Rovers are some of the least reliable vehicles ever made. Expect to spend thousands upon thousands to keep it running and be stranded over and over. Ask me how I know this first hand. They F'in suck!!!!! Sorry to say this because they are the best looking SUV on the road! Beautiful 4x4's no doubt!

Last edited:
I think the consensus is buy from CarMax with their premium extended warranty, as it will be entirely worth the price paid in this instance.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I think the consensus is buy from CarMax with their premium extended warranty, as it will be entirely worth the price paid in this instance.
lol!!!! And wait till you price parts!

When fully operational, Rover 4x4s are rumored to be some of the most capable off road vehicles in the world.

The problem is, there has never been a fully operational Rover, off of the factory grounds. So, it remains a rumor.

'04 gets you a Discovery II

'05-08 and you have a LR3

LR3 is more comfortable and larger than Disco II, but not as easy to DIY.

Yes they are nowhere near as reliable as a Toyota, nor as cheap/easy to work on as a Jeep.

I budget 2k in service/repair annually for my LR3 whether that's general service or stuff breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back