Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

What do you pay for 0w40 M1

WALMART around me 26.79$
ADVANCE 40$
Independent 7.50$ a quart

I see people posting 22$ price ...

I'm pretty sure they recently upped the price to the $26 mb a month or 2 ago?

Too bad the Black Friday deals don't apply to engine oil......

Can you imagine the stashes people would buy?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brybo86

I know right? I had to stop by the oil section last night. But nothing was on sale
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
Pep Boys just had a $5.00 per quart Black Friday sale.

It's over.

Yep it wasn't much of a deal on the Mobil 1 oils if you were looking for the 0w40 or 5w40. The European Formula , ESP and HM were excluded from the sale even though the flyer did not mention that.

$95 AUD for a 5L in OZ is the usual sale price give or take a couple of dollars.

Sometimes with 20% off it will drop to $76 AUD for 5L at best.

Last edited:
The price of oil is coming down guys. Just buy what you need now unless you think you're stealing it. Everyday prices will be cheaper in the coming months. Crude oil dropped over $7 a barrel on Friday after the OPEC meeting. Gasoline will be approaching $2 a gallon and under soon. It's already $2.49 here in N. Va.

Thats because Black Fridays only for cheap junk, not the good stuff. Although I am not denying you can get something good for a good deal, but never at those bottom bargain prices. Motor oil is a maintenance item and nobody is thinking that now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boczech

Yep it wasn't much of a deal on the Mobil 1 oils if you were looking for the 0w40 or 5w40. The European Formula , ESP and HM were excluded from the sale even though the flyer did not mention that.

Last year when I went and pick some up. The older man at the counter didn't care that I took a 6 pack of HM. All he said was that it was a good deal, and it was for bottles.

Originally Posted By: NH73

Thats because Black Fridays only for cheap junk, not the good stuff. Although I am not denying you can get something good for a good deal, but never at those bottom bargain prices. Motor oil is a maintenance item and nobody is thinking that now.

Perfect summary of Black Friday. It can be useful, but... cheap and close-out of non-sellers.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
The price of oil is coming down guys. Just buy what you need now unless you think you're stealing it. Everyday prices will be cheaper in the coming months. Crude oil dropped over $7 a barrel on Friday after the OPEC meeting. Gasoline will be approaching $2 a gallon and under soon. It's already $2.49 here in N. Va.

Unlikely prices with fall the bean counters will hold prices until inflation indexing starts to rise again in the next boom period.

I bought it once for 18.00 about a year ago. 26.00 is what i saw it going for this week. I bet it goes down soon.But only for a little while.

Mobil 1 is still the cheapest at Walmart everyday, but...

Costco is EVEN cheaper at: $27.99 for a case of 6 quarts when they run their special discount price every 3 months. 3 case maximum purchase though and Costco only carries 5W30 and 10W30 grades, so if you're looking for 0W40, Walmart is going to be your best and cheapest bet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
You guys will be happy to know that Mobil 1 0W-40 is still dirt cheap compared to this.

Uh, I have heard of "Apples to oranges" but premium motor oil to premium wrenches?

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Uh, I have heard of "Apples to oranges" but premium motor oil to premium wrenches?

I just happened to be looking at those wrenches before I clicked on this thread.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back