Cyber Monday good for computer prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to be a lot of low end laptops. Very few desktops to be had. Techbargains shows a few dell laptops that aren't bad but nothing I would really want.

People want low end and cheap, hence the $159 laptops running chrome OS.

I had luck going to the frys store a few weeks ago and just buying a windows 8.1 desktop, it was much cheaper to buy a prebulit one than build it myself and buy a legit OS license.

Yes I have thought about making a system from scratch, barebones, and prebuilt like Cyborpower/ibuypower etc.

Nothing seems to be pulling me hard one way of the other as far as deals. I think I'll wait and see what Cyber monday has to offer. Or if it's just over hyped marketing.

My old DELL desktop (actually an all-in-one) is a little unstable, and I wanted to replace. Very disappointed with the lack of choices out there. May just go on Amazon and buy an HP

If you aren't crazy about Black Friday deals, may as well wait for Cyber Monday. There are usually different deals, perhaps on different brands or models.

Otherwise, wait until right after January 1 since retailers enter a slump then and offer god deals to entice customers.

Originally Posted By: PeterGreen
My old DELL desktop (actually an all-in-one) is a little unstable, and I wanted to replace. Very disappointed with the lack of choices out there. May just go on Amazon and buy an HP

Need to go somewhere like provantange or TigerDirect, where business computers are found. Consumer Retail, choices are much more limited.

Thanksgiving and Black Friday season seem to only be good for cheap laptops and PC's.

Back To School season is when more powerful stuff goes on sale.

Me, I'm waiting for Skylake before I replace my [censored] little lappy. That means I'll probably have to wait until 2016 for any deals on those.

I'm in the middle of putting together a gaming/desktop computer. Purchased components starting last Monday with the 2011 socket motherboard and processor arriving today. Full tower with 3G 280x video card. 850W power supply. 16 gig RAM. 480G Intel 730 SSD. Slowly picked up parts on sale by using pcpartspicker. Moderate in cost however if I were to purchase anything close sent built already, easily double in price.

My youngest son should like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back