How about them Detroit Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Carson Palmer signed a three year 50 million dollar contract extension 4-5 days ago with 20 million dollars guaranteed. I wonder if he will get to keep that 20 million dollars, he probably didn't get it wired to his bank account yet when he tore that ACL for the second time.

The 20 million is guaranteed only a few unusual moves like murdering guys could void the guaranteed money.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Well ... let's see how today goes with AZ.
36.gif

The Lions need to sign a fourth kicker, Prater is not the answer.

Sorry Papa Bear. Jim Caldwell is a good H.C. his biggest fault he is loyal to his assistants and despite being Vince Lombardi's grandson Joe Lombardi is just not a very good play caller.

The Lions should have called a lot more bunch sets and crossing routes to rub the Cardinal's man to man coverage and to create confusion in the secondary.

Who do the Lions play next week? I am a Colts fan and I am ready for the now annual Luck throws for at least one pick 6 against New England on the first drive and the Colts lose by 3 touchdowns.

I thought I'd drop in and rub a little salt in the wound. 53-20 against the 7-2 Eagles!
crazy2.gif

Plus we're at Minnesota next Sunday. We might score 70.

Patriots

The Lions should be able to beat them. It is not like the Colts. The Colts are build like a house of cards with very little talent on the defense and a lot of fitness skill players on the offense. The Pats just ran the ball up the gut against the Colts last night at will. Detroit's defensive line and linebackers are too good to allow that to happen.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
I thought I'd drop in and rub a little salt in the wound. 53-20 against the 7-2 Eagles!
crazy2.gif

Plus we're at Minnesota next Sunday. We might score 70.

Keep in mind that Eagles now have butt fumble Sanchize as the starting QB and a defense that was good at keeping a lead before key injuries not to stop a high powered offense and since the Eagles have lost key starters to injury the defense is only going to get worse.

Green Bay is suited to win track meets but come the playoff's high powered offenses meet buzzsaw defenses and defense still wins championships. Despite adjustments by one of the best defensive minds in football Dom Capers the Packers defense is still a smoke and mirror defense and is not a linenum up and smash each other defense. I have seen this for a decade and a half in Indy. A defense that is below average defense playing with a star wars offense captained by a great QB in the game only to falter in the postseason because the offense can not score 3 touchdowns and the defense is not good enough to stop 3 touchdown drives.

The way Green Bay is playing I think Green Bay will take that division. Green Bay has scored about 100 points in two games. Maybe Detroit will be a wildcard team.

What is sad is that a lot of good teams will not even make the playoffs but there is an entire division of losing teams (the NFC South) and one of those teams will make the playoffs with something like a 6-10 or 7-9 record. That is shameful.

As for my favorite team, the Denver Broncos, they better get their act together soon. Because the KC Chiefs may well take the Western Division of the AFC. I am starting to question the coaching of the Broncos.

Mystic, I hear you on bad divisions still getting one team in the playoffs. Remember the Seahawks winning the NFC West at 7-9 and hosting a playoff game?

I think the NFL should keep the current 6 team playoff qualification, but then re-seed the teams according to their records and tiebreakers. There's no way that Green Bay should have had a home playoff game last year with an 8-7-1 record.

It is just unfair for a team with something like a 7-9 or 8-8 or perhaps even 6-10 record to get into the playoffs. And unless some team in the southern division of the NFC wins all of its remaining games that is going to happen this year. Both the Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints are 4-6 with 6 games left. One of those teams probably will take that division with something like a 7-9 record. The way those teams are playing it might be a 6-10 record. New Orleans can't even win at home.

Meanwhile some team might be in third place in its division with a 9-7 record. Look at the western division of the NFC or perhaps even better example look at the AFC northern division. The way things are going in that division the fourth place team might be 9-7.

I think there needs to be some rule that if a division really is bad and no team has better than a 7-9 record some team from another division should go into the playoffs. No way should a team be in the play-offs with less than an 8-8 record.

By the way, my favorite team of course is the Broncos but Green Bay is doing great. I am sure you are probably a Packer's fan. Green Bay is my favorite team in that division (except when they played the Broncos in the Super Bowl!). I like the NY Giants and the Arizona Cardinals and I actually like all of the teams in the western division of the AFC. I have watched them so long I like them all but the Broncos the most. But if the Chiefs go to the Super Bowl I will be hoping they win. The Broncos right now are in serious danger of losing the western division.

And I would like for every team to eventually make the Super Bowl. Including teams like Detroit, Houston, Cleveland and any others that have not made it.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
As for my favorite team, the Denver Broncos, they better get their act together soon. Because the KC Chiefs may well take the Western Division of the AFC. I am starting to question the coaching of the Broncos.

Just now?
I've been questioning their choices every year since Shanahan's last year in Denver.
It's just gotten worse and worse since then.

Seriously, does anyone know the real reason why they released Matt Prater?

BC.

I think Prater had been arrested for DUI. He had a four game suspension. He can be in real trouble if he gets caught again.

But I don't think McManus is the answer. The Broncos will have to find another kicker.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
I think Prater had been arrested for DUI. He had a four game suspension. He can be in real trouble if he gets caught again.

But I don't think McManus is the answer. The Broncos will have to find another kicker.

This his cap hit and his kicking has declined seriously look what he has done for Detroit. I would not question the coaching too much, Fox was able to coach Carolina into the playoff contention and the Superbowl with Jake Del Home as the QB, Jack Del Rio was successful in Jacksonville, Denver's players especially on defense are really not that good.

Actually I think Denver is better on defense than offense. The offense has some real issues. Something is wrong with the offensive line and right now a lot of receivers are injured. Denver badly needs a running attack. Elway took Denver to the Super Bowl five times (he was not there the first time they went). But Denver did not win Super Bowls until they had Terrell Davis at running back. Especially when the weather gets bad (at least for teams in the northern part of the country and not in a dome stadium) a team has to be able to run the football. Peyton Manning has really bad problems in the wind.

But the defense can't seem to produce much of a pass rush now and I don't think Denver can kick a field goal longer than 50 yards at the most.

The next few games are going to tell the tale. KC looks dangerous.

My Lions had Bear today rather than turkey ....
thumbsup2.gif

Don't be too smug...it was, after all, Da Bearsss.
grin.gif

I remember when Chicago used to actually have a football team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back