What are we all running in our differentials ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE 1605 SAE 110 for rear diffs.
Valvoline 75W-90 for t-case and front diffs.
Everything is pretty much conventional base oil with low VI's.

Valvoline Synpower 75w90 in the front and rear differentials of the Silverado.

Valvoline Synpower 75w90 also in the rear Differential of the Armada (2wd model) Previous run in the Armada was 60k miles on castrol Syntec 75w90LS

M1 75W-90 in our two AWD Subies and the BMW.
I may drop the fluid out of the old E350s diff and use this in it as well.
I got a deal on a case of this lube and twelve quarts of gear lube go a long way.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
You know, I never knew there was that much interest in rear end dope, amazing. I just cant imagine standing around the watercooler in an office and discussing that, now oil changes and type of oil makes more sense,imho. I think I need a top-shelf long island tea.

*** This is BITOG..... What were you expecting?? LOL

JP

What my Dakota is currently running:
Front: Supertech 75w90 Synthetic.
Rear: Supertech 85w140 Conventional.
Hopefully will be changing the rear differential fluid very soon. I'm thinking about a full synthetic but not sure of weight or brand yet.

Thanks for all the replies so far guys. Wow, and there are some posted that I haven't seen out for a while.

Interesting that so many run 75W90...in Oz that's always been a gearbox oil.

The way it's always been done is Differentials specced
* 80W90 if regular
* LS90 if Limited Slip.

and as I said, 75W90 was for Gearboxes...more modern powerful cars have started asking for 75W, 80W, and 85W140s.

Has enlightened me somewhat.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
You know, I never knew there was that much interest in rear end dope, amazing. I just cant imagine standing around the watercooler in an office and discussing that, now oil changes and type of oil makes more sense,imho. I think I need a top-shelf long island tea.
We are talking about our rear ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back