Toro 721 QZR Vibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello -
I'm new to this forum, and I need some help. I picked up a Toro 721QZR snowblower from Home Depot. I used to own a 2cycle R-Tek years ago, but this is a new 4 cycle Loncin engine. I find there is a decent amount of vibration in the handle and the engine is not as smooth as I thought it would be for a 4 stroke.

Does anyone own one of these? If so, do you feel decent amount of vibration in the handle when running? Anyone own one of the 621 models? How about vibration there? I can't tell if mine is defective or just the way they are? Its not like I can walk into Home Depot and start a floor model to compare.

Thanks very much.

single engine (4cyl) OPE engines typically run on lower RPM, and relatively non-balanced, so vibration is normal.

2-cyl engines typically run on higher RPM and thus vibration maybe lessened somewhat (still has vibrations, but different kind).

Q.

Originally Posted By: Quest
single engine (4cyl) OPE engines typically run on lower RPM, and relatively non-balanced, so vibration is normal.

2-cyl engines typically run on higher RPM and thus vibration maybe lessened somewhat (still has vibrations, but different kind).

Q.

Thanks Q. I didnt think about the lower RPM at iddle. It would seem to make sense then the vibration would smooth out under load with the 4 stroke?

Its been a few years since I ran the 2 stroke, but I don't recall it having as much vibration as this. I wonder why these engines do not run as smoothly as a lawn mower? Perhaps since the shafts are horizontal vs vertical? There is little to no vibration in the 2 stage Ariens I have, but then again, there is a lot more meat holding it down. The Toro is pretty light weight.

I even immeidately switched the plug out to a NGK to see if that helped, but it was about the same. The factory plug was a Bosh, so not terrible by any means. I love the quick shoot feature on this, otherwise I would have bought a Honda single stage...

I have a 30 year old Honda with 4 stroke engine and it vibrates a little on the handle, should be normal.

My guess would be it's a physically larger and heavier engine with more parts flailing around, thus the potential for some vibs.

I haven't really gone over one of these newer Toro single-stage jobs, but I'm sure Toro has gotten a little lighter and thinner in all departments, like everyone else, possibly causing vibs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back