Changed the cabin air filter in the Accord [PICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We replaced the OEM Honda cabin air filters in my girlfriend's 2001 Civic when we purchased it. The original ones were quite dirty. We used the Fram FreshBreeze alternative and we have no issues to report with them. The A/C still blows nice and cold.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I've seen much worse.. that one could have been shop-vac'ed or banged out and probably reused abit.

it all depends on the cost of replacement.
If its under 20$ might as well replace it

my subaru cabin filter costs 30-40$ even for aftermarkets.. no way I'm changing that every 8 months(as OM specifies)

I take it out twice a year and gently shop vac it. usually its not too bad... replacement every couple years.

I have a driveworks cabin filter in my Honda and I checked it after 1 year and its fine.

Also I checked my Air Filter and its just as clean and WHITE.. I can see right through it.

I even dropped it on the garage floor to see if dirt would fly off or if it leave any dirt on the garage floor and nothing was there.

Perhaps the dirt is trapped inside I dunno.

However Ill wait till a discount on a FRAM Air Filter and change it....

Or Ultra8 Air filters are neat.. they are read.

However cant use a Fram Tough Gaurd Air Filter in a Honda accord V6 or the Purolator Blue one or any filter with oil b/c it can harm the mass air flow sensor.. FRAM dont even have a air filter that fits the 2002 Honda accord with V6

Hello, How dirty they get is a function of how dirty their environment is.

I believe big dirt knocks off a dirty filter and more can be blown or washed out but the wee little bits are deep in the fibers and will not come out for love nor money.
Here you might coax 1,000 or 2,000 miles out of an old filter. Not really worth it.

My favorite point is that the layer of filtered dirt can take on moisture and smell. Any charcoal is not designed to combat that effect.

In my automotive setting it's looking like 25,000 miles is a good, average cabin air filter change interval (CAFCI-?). Kira

For the record my Fresh Breeze filters that I installed in my Accord back in September are absolutely fine as far as air flow goes, however I've noticed in the past month that the activated carbon and baking soda or whatever is supposed to reduce odor with it doesn't seem to do much. I've been getting a lot of smells in the car with the HVAC on and the windows up where I say to myself, "These filters are supposed to be stopping this?".

So they aren't so great at keeping smells out, but they do stop the dust and allegens quite well. I've noticed my dashboard stays dust free for much longer after detailing than my last vehicle did which did not have a cabin filter.

Overall I would buy Fresh Breeze filters again because of price and ease of finding. I doubt there is much of a difference between the different brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back