Girl buzzed by me in the Costco lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
I will just say if anyone pulls a gun on me for such nonsense they'd better shot to kill. I will be...

This is no wounding someone without a lick of humanity if they are going to pull a gun on someone for a parking lot offense. It has happened a lot here in the past especially around hunting season when there is another reason to carry a sidearm.

I just can't understand some folks. I purposely make sure I am clear in the middle of space because it is courteous. I don't walk behind cars that are backing out for the exact same reason. Why risk getting hit if you don't have too? The same with speeding through lots...is killing someone let alone a child worth extra 5 seconds it takes at the proper speed.

The difference is, you are using common sense...the "me first" people don't use any...

I'm not surprised by the rude and inconsiderate actions of today's narcissistic society, I'm used to that, what amazes me is if you confront them about their actions, they act like they are right and you are wrong...

I'm realizing my dad was very right when he once told me, "With a car, it's better to be wrong and safe than right and dead."

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I'm realizing my dad was very right when he once told me, "With a car, it's better to be wrong and safe than right and dead."

+1 Especially today when you can't be sure the driver is even looking out the windshield... I'll take my right of way as a pedestrian when I'm sure the driver acknowledges it.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I'm not surprised by the rude and inconsiderate actions of today's narcissistic society, I'm used to that, what amazes me is if you confront them about their actions, they act like they are right and you are wrong...

The prevailing attitude is that anyone who doesn't allow me to do what I want, give me what I want, or inconveniences me is wrong.

In the 2008 campaign Obama talked about the need in the coming years for sacrifice. America will never willingly sacrifice anything. Many will come to regret selfish and wasteful ways in the future, but for now very few have ever been required to sacrifice anything.

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
Originally Posted By: Taildragger
Maroons, they are out there.

Umm, you mean morons? Must be the spell check.

You must be pretty young to not get that reference.

For they are Legends in their own minds.

Borrowed from Clint Eastwood

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
When Mensa types box your car in from behind on the street it's nice to have a good sized trailer hitch with which to "encourage" a little more space to work with when leaving.

Also known as "felony hit and run" and "malicious destruction of property"!

Exactly correct. It is nothing short of outrageous.

Useless eaters, that need to be Darwined somehow.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

When my Dad was teaching me to drive, he used to say, "You can be right and you can be dead right."

That is surprising to me as well. People maybe know they are wrong, but don't want you telling them that fact. I feel guilty when I do something that is not kosher.

There are bad dudes out there maybe society does that. If you live with nature with a lot of trees the town tend to be mellow. Now if you live a city that has presure with no release humans become agitated and their agitation says they are right. BUT they may be regarded as weeds in society.

Ever heard of weeds. I mean it's written by Voltaire called 'Candid'....in the end of the story. Niave Candid travels all of Europe, America and finally the Middle East. For Candid is not the niave one.

One lives and interprets understand where weeds come from that is LIFE....story of Candid.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: DriveHard
I run outside a lot in a very small town in Iowa...not exactly lacking for space. Whenever I walk through a lot or am out on a run and a car comes close enough that they are in arms length - it gets a good slap. There is ZERO reason to operate a motor vehicle within arms distance to a pedestrian...Sadly, it happens more often than you might think.

Now - before you go all crazy...think just how close a moving vehicle has to be to truly be in arms length. It is dangerously close.

So you think moving toward said moving vehicle so that you can initiate contact is sound reasoning?

No, not at all. That is my point...I DO NOT more toward the moving vehicle. They are close enough that I can reach out and smack the car without moving toward it at all...that is how close they are!

Glad I live far, far away from you. Keep you f'ing hands off my vehicle.

Someday you likely will run into someone bigger than you who has a pair.

Originally Posted By: jcwit

I think the point is to keep a safe distance and that wouldn't happen- I'm sure you'd allow a safe passing distance... Right?

Don't buzz people who are cycling or jogging on the road. A minimum 3' is the standard in many states. Any closer and cyclist and joggers odds of getting seriously injured by some retard behind the wheel goes way up. How would you feel if your safety, health and well being were threatened? What about your wife? Your kids? By your comment about keeping hands off your car, I bet not well. So don't get all up in arms about someone who is trying to get people to give him some room. What's he supposed to do? Yell at them as they drive by? Finger them? Wave them over? The best alternative would be to record their plate and turn them in, but even that has it's shortcomings. Namely, as of yet, Iowa doesn't have a safe passing distance law (at least not that I know of) so there is little the police could do. Also, he may no have pen, paper or phone to record/call in. A slap on the side of the car is harmless and a way to communicate to the driver that he/she is too close.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

I think the point is to keep a safe distance and that wouldn't happen- I'm sure you'd allow a safe passing distance... Right?

Don't buzz people who are cycling or jogging on the road. A minimum 3' is the standard in many states. Any closer and cyclist and joggers odds of getting seriously injured by some retard behind the wheel goes way up. How would you feel if your safety, health and well being were threatened? What about your wife? Your kids? By your comment about keeping hands off your car, I bet not well. So don't get all up in arms about someone who is trying to get people to give him some room. What's he supposed to do? Yell at them as they drive by? Finger them? Wave them over? The best alternative would be to record their plate and turn them in, but even that has it's shortcomings. Namely, as of yet, Iowa doesn't have a safe passing distance law (at least not that I know of) so there is little the police could do. Also, he may no have pen, paper or phone to record/call in. A slap on the side of the car is harmless and a way to communicate to the driver that he/she is too close.

I don't "buzz" people in parking lots nor anywhere else for that matter.
However I have had my car "slapped" once, my reply was to keep his f'ing hands off my car, the message was very clear when he noted my handgun under my jacket, and his apology was accepted.

I've also been approached with a tire iron in a parking lot, for whatever reason, I have no idea. That time I drew as I thought I was likely in serious danger. The guy with the tire iron took off, what he actually had in mind I'm still not sure of.

Bottom line is if you endanger peds don't be surprised if that
defenseless ped thumps your vehicle in the process.

I don't love the idea but these careless, dangerous, and inconsiderate motorists need a wake up call, the next time they come that close they may KILL someone.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

I don't "buzz" people in parking lots nor anywhere else for that matter.
However I have had my car "slapped" once, my reply was to keep his f'ing hands off my car, the message was very clear when he noted my handgun under my jacket, and his apology was accepted.

I've also been approached with a tire iron in a parking lot, for whatever reason, I have no idea. That time I drew as I thought I was likely in serious danger. The guy with the tire iron took off, what he actually had in mind I'm still not sure of.

You "flashed" your gun after someone touched your car? Wow...

I'm not worried about meeting someone bigger than me that has a pair...its people who flash weapons for touching cars that has me worried. I can lose a fight and live to talk about it. Flashing a weapon when your life is clearly not being threatened tells a lot about the kind of person you are.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard

You "flashed" your gun after someone touched your car? Wow...

I'm not worried about meeting someone bigger than me that has a pair...its people who flash weapons for touching cars that has me worried. I can lose a fight and live to talk about it. Flashing a weapon when your life is clearly not being threatened tells a lot about the kind of person you are.

Pretty much of a no-no. In Pa. you could lose your CCW license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back