3-1/2 year old Landcruiser <40,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
12779002-0685-4d08-8637-d619abe4edd5.jpg

To quote the Castle, a great Aussie movie...

Does this price reflect what these vehicles go for in Oz or are they waiting for some sort of mentally defective rich person to come along?

Usually rich people are not in the mentally defective spectrum.

Not a fan of the Land Cruiser.

Ugly old hector.

But there is no denying its reliability and abilities.

I would always got Land Rover, even three trouble free years with my Pathfinder has failed to change that opinion.

Last edited:
Having a laugh for sure... Haha the used car market isn't worth a thing these days cause people are getting brand new ones on finance instead. We payed $11,000 for a 2001 Pajero 18 months ago and just sold it for $5,000 after a stuggle, even though it is still in the same excellent condition and had a fortune spent on it in big replacement parts. Same with my Falcon, was up for sale at $5k 2 years ago, I managed to get it for $4k and now even though it is in much better condition than when I bought it, it's worth about $1,500 now

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
They aint what they used to be... just more expensive.

So what would you recommend?

A Suburban?

Land Cruiser is still the goto vehicle in large parts of Africa.

Due to the qualities I mentioned in my previous post.

Looks like it could be a Sahara? Those things are around $120k new for the diesel, so $87k for a low mileage used one might not be as outrageous as it first appears. Even ex-government pov packs with around 100,000km still fetch in the vicinity of $60k at auction down here.

I'm a LandCruiser fan. Have had a couple of 200 Series as work vehicles, the twin turbo V8 diesel is an awesome engine. Nice note to them, and surprisingly good on fuel. The things are just about unstoppable off road. I'd love to own one!

hpb...it was definitely a Sahara.

After nearly snapping my neck at the sticker, I wandered the yard for a couple of minutes, and noted the Sahara decal as I was walking back...

Wrong district for such a vehicle to be ATM if it really is worth that...everyone is keeping their powder dry ATM.

Joke in African safari camps-
park a range rover in a town with keys in the ignition, window down and a present on the street, no one will steal it. English made car joke, tho they like the older ones that are somewhat user fixable

anything toyota, lock it up.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

12779002-0685-4d08-8637-d619abe4edd5.jpg

To quote the Castle, a great Aussie movie...

ROFL.. I gotta watch that movie now.

Definitely not a fan of the new ones, especially not at that price. If I had top dollar to spend on an SUV, the Toyota showroom wouldn't be my first stop.

They're certainly not what they used to be either. The previous generation, especially with the L6, was a decent vehicle.

I agree Shannow, it'd struggle to sell here at the moment too, job security isn't terribly good in most industries, but I reckon the price is in the ballpark for a Sahara... Be interesting to see how long they have it, and how many price drops it takes to move it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back