Question on Ariens Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was looking at this unit in Home Depot (2nd time around), the guy seemed more knowledgable than the first guy I was stuck with.

He suggested 2.5 hours and recommended Mobil1 5W-30 thereafter

The unsolicited Mobil1 comment added credibility to his comments IMO

Did you pick up one of these?

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't bother with the Mobil-1, but changing the factory oil after the first hard workout would be wise IMO. If not, the engine would probably live a long happy life anyway.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Finz
When I was looking at this unit in Home Depot (2nd time around), the guy seemed more knowledgable than the first guy I was stuck with.

He suggested 2.5 hours and recommended Mobil1 5W-30 thereafter

The unsolicited Mobil1 comment added credibility to his comments IMO

Did you pick up one of these?

Yes I did.

The 5 hour spec could allow for seating the rings. Just a guess. The amount of oil needed is small Indulge yourself, change it a few times if it suits you.
grin2.gif

I bought a Platinum SHo with the LCT engine, havent used it yet, but seems to be decent, well thought out and starts easy.

Ariens makes good equipment, plus I bought it in early Oct so I got the 5yr warranty.

I have a 21 yr old Craftsman 30" with 10HP tucumseh, that thing is noisy and chows gas and does not like the ethanol. Just rebuilt the carb and fixed a few things on it and it is ready as backup. I have to get to work in morning and my neighbor and I kind of looked out for eac hother and if either had an issue with their snowblower would help each other, I bailed him out a few times when his wouldnt start and he bailed me out when I lunched a belt. But alas he moved so I have two blowers.

The new one is night and day better. Change the oil, throw a new plug at em and fix anything else and they will last a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back