Marvel Mystery oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red bottle that looks like snake oil. My dad showed me an article where they developed it for radial airplane engines. The valves would stick when they tried to start them up. The valves would actually break.So this was the answer.
I found that if you had a stuck lifter or engine tick this stuff made it go away. I also had luck with getting old cars with a carburetor to run good when they had sat to long.My Chevy sat in a parking lot a bunch and this stuff really helped out. I think it is good for guns also.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ron17571
The red bottle that looks like snake oil. My dada showed me an article where they developed it in WW2

And?

Sea foam too. Not sure if it is as old as WWII but lots of believers in that miracle mystery.

Originally Posted By: ron17571
The red bottle that looks like snake oil. My dad showed me an article where they developed it for radial airplane engines. The valves would stick when they tried to start them up. The valves would actually break.So this was the answer.
I found that if you had a stuck lifter or engine tick this stuff made it go away. I also had luck with getting old cars with a carburetor to run good when they had sat to long.My Chevy sat in a parking lot a bunch and this stuff really helped out. I think it is good for guns also.

Hello Ron

Welcome to bitog. Mmo is a very touchy subject around here. Some of us like and use the product,others play the snake oil card.
If you have a specific question about mmo please try the search function. I assure you it has been asked and answered many times however if for some reason you cannot find the specific answer you were looking for then please post the question.
Otherwise as I'm sure you'll soon see these threads turn bad,fast.

Your a new member,to an old site. Any questions you may think of have very likely been addressed here at some point in the recent past,so please try the search function when digging for info. If you can't find it there then posts it to the forum. I assure you that will save you some aggravation when looking for answers on this fine site.

Right Ron, no new ground here, it's all been discussed at least once before.

Please use the search function, and don't bother us with any questions.

How's that for a welcome!

Pure scarcasm!

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Right Ron, no new ground here, it's all been discussed at least once before.

Please use the search function, and don't bother us with any questions.

How's that for a welcome!

Pure scarcasm!

Not quite what I was trying to say. I was only hoping to help in that prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Therefore preventing the question"is mmo snake oil"which saves the inevitable conflict that comes with that particular topic.
But we haven't had a drag out pounding good thread lately so I guess now's as good a time as any.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
Doesn't the search function only go back a year?

I haven't used it in quite some time. If that's true then only 100 mmo threads will pop up if a year is the cut off point.
It's possible,but I can't confirm.

Welcome ron17571!

Keep asking questions! Don't be put off by the "it's all been answered before" responses.

As far as my experience goes, the Search function does only go back 11 months.

I've used a cocktail of MMO, Sta-Bil, and Red Line Lead Substitute in my fuel for years in my three old low compression vehicles, with no adverse effects.

Good luck!

Welcome ron17571!

Clevy's heart was in the right place. MMO has its avid users, and haters, as do a few other products on this site.

Here's a few links to MMO threads, you'll see who loves it who hates it and why. I've been using since before many of our members were even born. I still reach for it when I need it. Hope these links help, there's plenty more. Lets see how this thread turns out now! Enjoy!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3477350/1

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3453885/1

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/3446823/Searchpage/3/Main/221086/Words/Marvel/Search/true/Re:_MMO,_the_real_deal.#Post3446823

MMO was a great product when oils were not as good as they are now. I used in in every oil change in the 80's to keep my engines clean. With modern oils i'm not sure you need it. Perhaps if you have an engine in which oil changes were neglected mmo might really help clean it up. With modern sm/sn oils i don't think you need it in the oil as a preventative like in decades of past.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
Doesn't the search function only go back a year?

No, it doesn't.

But you have to limit your search query to a 1-year time frame, so for example you could search for results that are newer than 3 years but older than 2 years.

If that's too tedious, then just use google search.

more times than not i just use my preferred search engine (duckduckgo.com) for my searches, using a few key words and the phrase site:bobistheoilguy.com at the end.

welcome aboard ron, i am new here too and really enjoy the information and discussions here. enjoy your stay.

i still use MMO for my flushes although some folks say that with todays oils it's not needed. I have not been burning it my fuel much lately as I have been doing some trials with tcw3.

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
more times than not i just use my preferred search engine (duckduckgo.com) for my searches, using a few key words and the phrase site:bobistheoilguy.com at the end.

welcome aboard ron, i am new here too and really enjoy the information and discussions here. enjoy your stay.

i still use MMO for my flushes although some folks say that with todays oils it's not needed. I have not been burning it my fuel much lately as I have been doing some trials with tcw3.

I'd love to see your comments/results comparing MMO and TCW3 in the gas. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back