OLM 2006 Saturn Relay w/3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first vehicle with an OLM that I recently purchased. This vehicle is the same as a Chevy Uplander and a few others. Most postings I see are about can you actually go as long as the OLM indicates. Mine is just the opposite. I changed the oil (VMF 5w/30 with Wix filter) 1883 miles ago. I reset the OLM and verified it was at 100%. I have 1883 miles on the vehicle since the change and the OLM indicates I am at 46%. This is on pace to be at 0 in just under 3500 miles? Seems much lower than I expected.

Depends on if you short trip it or highway drive it. Whether you drive 2,000 miles a year or 25,000 miles a year.

How far do you drive and what's the driving type? Freeway or city?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Depends on if you short trip it or highway drive it. Whether you drive 2,000 miles a year or 25,000 miles a year.

How far do you drive and what's the driving type? Freeway or city?

My wife's vehicle. Mostly short trips to take daughter to school, trips to the store, etc. About once a week or every other a good 30 minute interstate drive.

Originally Posted By: tnt31
This is my first vehicle with an OLM that I recently purchased. This vehicle is the same as a Chevy Uplander and a few others. Most postings I see are about can you actually go as long as the OLM indicates. Mine is just the opposite. I changed the oil (VMF 5w/30 with Wix filter) 1883 miles ago. I reset the OLM and verified it was at 100%. I have 1883 miles on the vehicle since the change and the OLM indicates I am at 46%. This is on pace to be at 0 in just under 3500 miles? Seems much lower than I expected.

Our 2005 Uplander is short tripped, and the OLM will go around 5K before needing to be changed. It has about 1000 miles on the oil and is around 84%

The 3.5 engine only takes 4 quarts of oil which is a relatively small sump considering the displacement. The OLM would take this into account and not allow a long OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back