APPLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an educational thread!

On the subject of apples, I have to admit this thread created a craving for those deep fried apple pies you get from KFC.

Originally Posted By: Nayov
Not to come across as pompous, but I sure hope those are organic apples, especially with children consuming them. Apples are number one on the "dirty dozen" list for foods contaminated with pesticides.

Hmmmm, interesting. We peeled the apples, so I would assume that would reduce some of the chemicals.

When we pick, we usually go organic. Our home garden, which provides a good amount of veggies and berries for the year, is all organic.

These... Unfortunately not...

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
He won't watch the idiot box, and visits with seniors who physically can't get up to leave when he starts spewing his drivel.

Visiting seniors and volunteering is an admirable trait. We all take some level of issue with ol'pop... Its an internet forum and we will probably never meet him, or know why he acts how he does to some/many of us. But he does post some interesting stuff, have some interesting commentary/experiences, and so we don't want him to go away. He is often on the offensive, but many of us are, at least some of the time... admittedly I am sometimes too. But he should check his mental state as it is a bit excessive.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Nayov
Not to come across as pompous, but I sure hope those are organic apples, especially with children consuming them. Apples are number one on the "dirty dozen" list for foods contaminated with pesticides.

Hmmmm, interesting. We peeled the apples, so I would assume that would reduce some of the chemicals.

When we pick, we usually go organic. Our home garden, which provides a good amount of veggies and berries for the year, is all organic.

These... Unfortunately not...

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02985/Foods-You-Should-Always-Buy-Organic.html

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Uregina09
He won't watch the idiot box, and visits with seniors who physically can't get up to leave when he starts spewing his drivel.

Visiting seniors and volunteering is an admirable trait. We all take some level of issue with ol'pop... Its an internet forum and we will probably never meet him, or know why he acts how he does to some/many of us. But he does post some interesting stuff, have some interesting commentary/experiences, and so we don't want him to go away. He is often on the offensive, but many of us are, at least some of the time... admittedly I am sometimes too. But he should check his mental state as it is a bit excessive.

Hmm, seeing the whites and the grays, nice JH. this is Class!
in about 2 years, if you want your son to help/motivate do your own apple sauce, there is a Sid the Science Kid (PBSKids) episode covering just that. did about three batches of applesauce right after watching (and re-watching) with my kids.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Interesting that you have what appears to be a gas stove. After claiming in the past that your 1960's electric stove was superior to gas, and berating those of us who dared insinuate that gas may actually be superior (at one point you actually called it a crutch), I'd be interested in knowing the reasons why you suddenly have a gas stove.

Im sorry but you have a serious problem. Please get over yourself and if you can not post in a way that will benefit others then please stop posting.

Agreed and well put. I think the best thing for us to do when he makes pompous remarks like this, which by far makes up a majority of this posts, would be to ignore him. He must get some form of self satisfaction via his comments and our responses,

He may subscribe to the phrase "Everybody's entitled to my opinion"
beer3.gif
cheers3.gif
10.gif
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back