Do not put chemicals or lube on ThermoQuiet Pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The instructions I got with ThermoQuiets state pretty emphatically not to put any lube on them like you do with pads that have shims. They even say applying any kind of lube will make the integrated shims less effective. Request input from folks that have installed these and what kind of results you've had. Also, these are going on a 2011 Civic EX sedan - would appreciate input from any Honda owners who have used them.

I will lube the slide pins, of course.

Thanks in advance,

Bill G

I've installed many many many of these pads (probably more than 100) and I can say they are totally right. The ThermoQuiet are now the only pad I install, I've never had any issue with their recommendations.

Thanks for the info Tinman - wow - just take the old ones out and slap the new ones in - I think I like that idea!

I've used them recently. I didn't read the instructions so I put the a tiny bit of brake grease on the piston and where the pads touch the carrier. There wasn't any adverse effects. Brakes were very strong and silent.

Make sure the grease is compatible with the rubber used for the integrated shim if you use it. I had a set of these on my Grand Marquis that failed recently. Started pulling to the left pretty bad and I thought it was a caliper issue but it turned out the pads actually were defective and they replaced them under warranty but nothing for my labor. Not sure if I will get these again but I guess at least they covered their defective parts.

Nothing on the integrated shims. A small dab of lube on the ear where they ride in the bracket.

I've used this disc Brake Quiet on these pads a few times and never had issues. But this is the only stuff I've seen that didn't cause an issue with them.

41XCS6BC19L._SL500_AA300_.gif

Yeah, that's what I've used on pads with shims (centric posiquiets). I got these ThermoQuiets from amazon with a great rebate - paid like $35 for both fronts and rears so I thought I'd give em a try. I'm gonna install them lubing just the ears and see how it goes. I'm hoping they work great like Tinman and others have said - if they do, I'll probably jut keep using them from here on out.

Thanks for your input AdRock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back