wix 51334 vs. wix 51344

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive used both the 51334 and the 51344 (once two yrs. ago) wix oil filters, but i noticed that the 51344 had a black ADBV. i know that the 51334 has an orange silicon ADBV, but what is the 51344 ADBV made of?

quote:

Originally posted by oilcanboyd:
ive used both the 51334 and the 51344 (once two yrs. ago) wix oil filters, but i noticed that the 51344 had a black ADBV. i know that the 51334 has an orange silicon ADBV, but what is the 51344 ADBV made of?

I wouldn't be as concerned about the ADBV material as I would be about the fact that the 51344 has TWICE the filter media as the 51334, despite the fact that the cans are about the same size.
Thanks.

ADBV color is not an indicator of what it is made out of, or of the quality of the ADBV, unless of course it is cardboard colored...
wink.gif

quote:

ADBV color is not an indicator of what it is made out of, or of the quality of the ADBV, unless of course it is cardboard colored... [Wink]

i understand this...but why would wix make one filter with an orange ABDV and another with a black one? another example of this is with the motorcraft FL400S and FL1A. the FL4000S has an orange ABDV and the FL1A has a black one.

Originally posted by oilcanboyd:

If you'll read your own statement you'll find your answer. The one with the BLACK (buna) VALVE is the old design, the ORANGE (silicone) VALVE is the new design.

quote:

If you'll read your own statement you'll find your answer. The one with the BLACK (buna) VALVE is the old design, the ORANGE (silicone) VALVE is the new design.

so according to your statement pete, WIX 51344 currently has an orange silicoln ADBV? even when i had purchased the old white wix 51334, it always came with an orange ADBV. the only wix filter ive seen with a black ADBV is the 51344.

What are the date codes on the filters? Are they painted black or white?
There was a transition period between all buna to all silicone valves while Wix used up the old stock and brought the new valves on line. From what I can read between the lines, this might be the period that your filters were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back