Bobcat hydraulic pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like one of the hydraulic pumps on my Bobcat is toast. It has two drive pumps and one for the bucket. The reman pump is $1800. I bought a reman engine for my Jeep for less. What could possibly cost $1800? That's before the core of $800. Maybe its what the market will bear as a new one from Bobcat is $4000.

Is the $1800 for a single pump, or for the stack of three?

How many engine reman or rebuild shops do you know of? How many hydraulic pump rebuilders do you know of? Supply/demand...

The prices are a mind blower for the industrial/ commercial/Ag. replacement parts. I rebuilt a 6 spool hydraulic valve and 1 cyl on a friends back hoe and the seals were over $350.00 from what I remember. Good part is he owes me tractor time!!!

Its expensive because that's probably all it fits.If they said $10,000 you would have to pay it,or junk it.

When construction equipment isn't working, it loses big money every day. To someone who uses it every day to make a living $1800 probably isn't that much, they lose that in few days down time. That fact allows them to jack up the price. Not at all saying it's right, just that they do it.

Last edited:
Yikes!
I'd search around for some rebuild/yard part options.
Shame to have to spend that kind of money on a machine you probably don't use all that many hours each year.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The cost will eat into my funds available for other toys (SnowCat, boat).
Always does!.

Are you handy with a wrench? Can you source the parts yourself? Rebuilding a hydraulic pump is easier than an engine if you do your research.

The issue is Bobcat does not sell any parts in the pump only the whole pump. LoaderPartsSource sells rebuilt pumps for 50% of a Bobcat new pump. They say they can sell individual parts in many cases.

One issue is the pump case although hardened can wear inside. If its minor then maybe it can be ground flat. If its bad the case needs to have metal added to it and then ground flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back