Girl buzzed by me in the Costco lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I said something to the effect that thanks for almost running me down, your an f xxx ing menace on the road. I then noticed a guy getting out as well, and thought I hope this does not escalate.

This is classic. Cuss out the woman,and then have an "oh shoot" moment when you realize there is a guy in the car.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

My comment though was referencing taking two spots at the end of a parking lot with lots of empty spaces. Even my 1/2 ton Silverado is a beast to park and barely fits inside a normal parking spot - sometimes I can barely get it in the lines. Larger size trucks are even worse. So taking two spots (or even hanging over a little on one side or the other) is hard to avoid and why I park at the very end of the parking lot and sometimes hang over the line. I don't mind walking and prefer to stay away from the general population as much as possible.

I hear ya. I've seen what happens first hand. I fight only when I have to. I try to avoid situations that provoke it at all costs. Giving some jerk-off an opportunity to mess with one of my vehicles is something I try and avoid, because the outcome wouldn't be good for either one of us. It's a sick world we live in, people have been killed over things a lot less costly than a car.

The thing is when good people do NOTHING the idiots causing the
problems in society go right on doing it to everybody else they encounter. In other countries like some in Scandinavia they
shame such dolts by collectively glaring and some will verbally scold the guilty party. It is a group thing so safety in numbers.

The best we can hope for in the USA is to call the police and file a complaint against the driver. Get their license plate number and call the PD, explain the situation and in many cases they will have a talk with the idiot in question. These selfish, arrogant and obnoxious dolts from what I have experienced are
belligerent until they confront the police, then they become the
chickenpoop they are and usually cower and shape up.

That being said I like the stealthy shrader valve being slightly loosened to gradually flatten the tire. You haven't done any actual damage, and the idiot in question will be none the wiser.

Last edited:
I try to remember that I'm on camera when in a public place. Don't do anything you might have a hard time explaining in court! Not to mention trying to explain to 'Bruno' why you're loosening his Shrader valve....!

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
I will just say if anyone pulls a gun on me for such nonsense they'd better shot to kill. I will be...

This is no wounding someone without a lick of humanity if they are going to pull a gun on someone for a parking lot offense. It has happened a lot here in the past especially around hunting season when there is another reason to carry a sidearm.

I just can't understand some folks. I purposely make sure I am clear in the middle of space because it is courteous. I don't walk behind cars that are backing out for the exact same reason. Why risk getting hit if you don't have too? The same with speeding through lots...is killing someone let alone a child worth extra 5 seconds it takes at the proper speed.

Parking lot confrontations turn deadly often. It's best to avoid them at all costs.

Michigan road rage incident this past September: Below is a photo of a 42 year old husband and father of 2. Early articles focused on the evil shooter, but this article alleges that both the shooter and the victim had histories of pursuing confrontation: http://www.livingstondaily.com/story/new...dents/15739313/
1409693592000-FATAL-SHOOTING-01B.jpg

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
I wait till their gone, then give their valve core (part inside the valve stem) a quarter turn.

Takes about 3-4 hours to go flat...

Sp they go out on the highway, their flat tire blows out, their vehicle rolls over, and you are directly responsible for the death of a family. Nice.

DON'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLES PROPERTY!!!!!

So as I get out of her way she punches it going for a parking spot about 40 feet away. As she flew past me I slapped the CRV pretty hard twice. Then I thought I'll go over to give my piece of mind. I said something to the effect that thanks for almost running me down, your an f xxx ing menace on the road. I then noticed a guy getting out as well, and thought I hope this does not escalate.

So you are brave when you think it is a girl and turn kinda yellow when you realize your situational awareness let you down and she is accompanied by guy...

BTW, slapping vehicles in parking lots is probably not a good practice.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
So as I get out of her way she punches it going for a parking spot about 40 feet away. As she flew past me I slapped the CRV pretty hard twice. Then I thought I'll go over to give my piece of mind. I said something to the effect that thanks for almost running me down, your an f xxx ing menace on the road. I then noticed a guy getting out as well, and thought I hope this does not escalate.

So you are brave when you think it is a girl and turn kinda yellow when you realize your situational awareness let you down and she is accompanied by guy...

BTW, slapping vehicles in parking lots is probably not a good practice.

I run outside a lot in a very small town in Iowa...not exactly lacking for space. Whenever I walk through a lot or am out on a run and a car comes close enough that they are in arms length - it gets a good slap. There is ZERO reason to operate a motor vehicle within arms distance to a pedestrian...Sadly, it happens more often than you might think.

Now - before you go all crazy...think just how close a moving vehicle has to be to truly be in arms length. It is dangerously close.

I have only once really confronted someone, and it was because I was turning left on a green light, onto a street with a gas station on the corner. (after turning left, it would be on the right). There was a few cars waiting at that side of the intersection waiting to turn. Some [censored] idiot decided they didn't want to wait for the light to turn, and instead decides to drive 50' up the wrong side of the road to turn into the gas station. (This is a fairly busy intersection too, and they could not see around the corner in either direction)

The entrance to the gas station is barely past the intersection, and visibility on that turn was pretty bad. I nearly hit them head on/passenger side of the minivan as they swerved into the gas station, saved only by my rapid slamming on the brake and swerving to the left as much as I could without hitting the other cars waiting. I immediately whipped in after them. It was a [censored] woman with her idiotic husband in the car, with two kids in the back of the van! I told them off, and I did not use polite words. I told them they should not be allowed to have children if they were going to put their lives in danger because they couldn't wait 30 seconds longer to turn into the gas station. Oh I was mad. They just sat there meekly staring at me while I told them off.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
I run outside a lot in a very small town in Iowa...not exactly lacking for space. Whenever I walk through a lot or am out on a run and a car comes close enough that they are in arms length - it gets a good slap. There is ZERO reason to operate a motor vehicle within arms distance to a pedestrian...Sadly, it happens more often than you might think.

Now - before you go all crazy...think just how close a moving vehicle has to be to truly be in arms length. It is dangerously close.

So you think moving toward said moving vehicle so that you can initiate contact is sound reasoning?

There seems to be a lot of tension building, period. This thread illustrates some of it. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that those with tenuous holds on their sanity snap. On occasion, people just make mistakes. I have done so more times than I care to remember. With the increasing population and apparent breakdown of societal niceties that we talk about all the time situations can escalate far too quickly.

Please, let's all try not to get shot or stabbed during the holidays.

I hear you DriveHard about slapping the car. If I can slap a car zipping by it's too close. Hence the reason I snapped. In hind site I did not react appropriately.

Those making snide comments possibly have not had such an encounter....... Try riding a bike and being buzzed by, not fun.

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
I wait till their gone, then give their valve core (part inside the valve stem) a quarter turn.

Takes about 3-4 hours to go flat...

Tailgaters are even easier, move a little to the right, roll down a window, pour out a can of soda.
Some gets on your fender, but a ton gets on the car behind you...

This is some seriously passive-aggressive behavior.

Causing someone's tire to go flat, on purpose, which can lead to the driver losing control and causing an accident with other motorists, is disturbing.

Seek help.

My wife is quite a passive person.

However a mother lion.....A 20 ish girl flew by at excessive speed in parking lot while my wife had daughter in hand nearly hitting them. She walked right up to woman who parked and strong guy in gym clothes and started screaming at them at top of lungs with pointing etc. I was back at car watching in awe sitting with sleeping baby. I think she was about to punch the girl. The only time I have ever seen her hit anyone was a guy pushing/stealing her sisters hangbag in Paris breaking his glasses.

A few customers took notice and the couple got in their car and drove off. Very surprising on my wife's part as she is the most patient person I know and very calm.

I try to visit Costco weeknights after 7:00PM to avoid the crowds and mayhem of the parking lot. If I must go on a weekend, I park behind the rear of the building as it is easier to enter and exit the parking spaces and is usually relatively empty as most of the customers are too lazy to walk.

I always get a good laugh when I see a bunch of drivers jockeying for a coveted parking spot near the door.

Costco where I live is a zoo. I find a parking spot in the outer reaches of the parking lot just to stay away from the main traffic lanes and the front of the store. I recently re-upped after a two year membership lapse and I now remember why I let it lapse.

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
Originally Posted By: Taildragger
Maroons, they are out there.

Umm, you mean morons? Must be the spell check.

You've never heard anyone being a called a maroon before? What, are ya new?

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Some idiot at Home Depot parked his new F-150 across 3 spots yesterday. I lucked out and he was leaving as I walked out. I gave my opinion on his parking. He disagreed with my conclusions.
grin.gif

The outright selfishness of many people astounds me.

Why do you care where he parks? Unless the lot is full its not your store and not your parking lot. People need to worry about their own lives and quit complaining so much when it doesn't directly affect them.

I have taken up two spots before when there is lots of open places and I could care less what other people think. Its none of their business.

You're right, he should've called the police, they would've ticketed the vehicle for being illegally parked...

Some idiot at Home Depot parked his new F-150 across 3 spots yesterday. I lucked out and he was leaving as I walked out. I gave my opinion on his parking. He disagreed with my conclusions.
grin.gif

The outright selfishness of many people astounds me.

Why do you care where he parks? Unless the lot is full its not your store and not your parking lot. People need to worry about their own lives and quit complaining so much when it doesn't directly affect them.

I have taken up two spots before when there is lots of open places and I could care less what other people think. Its none of their business.

When you take up two or more spaces, then yes, it is my [censored] business. The fact you admit it and say it's non of anyone else's business means your a completely selfish [removed] that thinks you and your vehicle is more important than everyone else.

You're the self important **** that needs to get a life.

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back