1998 Civic EX Mobile 1 10w-30 w/4,xxx miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wazup guys,

Here is the report for my 1998 Civic EX, engine is a D16Y8 which is a SOHC Vtec engine. Car itself has 246,xxx miles on it along with the block and internals, which was rebuilt by me in February 2011 and has about 40k miles now. I use the car as my primary transportation. I've autocrossed it several times and done a couple of open track days, although none of those were done with the oil reported. I reside in Florida so its pretty hot and humid year round. Drive a combination of city and highway, stop and go traffic isn't unusual during my normal commute.

Last edited:
Looks good! also.. its MOBIL not MOBILE!! People will give you slack for this.. so just letting you know! Welcome to BITOG!!

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for pointing that out you are absolutely correct, hopefully a admin will correct it for me, I'm unable to edit it now.

Decent report. I plan to do a report for the my 1999 Civic EX with a D16Y7 with 445,000 km (278,000miles) on the car (and engine) running Amsoil OE 5w-30. Still runs pretty darn good, smooth, lot's of pep, burns maybe 1/2 qt in ~8000 km. I love this engine and car, the only thing we have done for maintenance is rear struts, belts, front brakes, new fuel pump (just recently) because of water issues, new radiator (got busted from snow getting packed into the front bumper... it's been a fantastic car... and more the engine is simply rock solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back