Pulling the Trigger on a CPO Challenger SRT8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SEBZX79
Some of these comments here are just silly. This is a 26-28k dollar car at the auction. People saying 19k are just not realistic and are just dreaming. If u get it for under 28k ur doing well.

If that's the case, then the dealer would have moved the car easily for only 28.5K retail. Even Kentucky dealers know about and use the internet.
Since the car's been sitting for four months and is only costing the dealer money, I supect that a lowball offer followed with a little back and forth would buy it for a lot less than the asking.
As the old saying in the biz goes, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Correct but we (dealers) are not that stupid and take a 6k lose on a vehicle i can take to auction. Deals need to make sense and if it was a toyota camry sitting on a lot for 4 months we have no problems tAking a small lose.

Originally Posted By: harbor
Good luck with your potential purchase.
If you haven't already done so, listen to it at idle to make sure it doesn't have the "Hemi Tick" before you seal the deal. Lots of discussion on this forum and other, Challenger-specific forums regarding this problem.
Some owners with manual trannys also complain about a 1st to 2nd gear "nibble.

Oh do tell. Exactly how is "hemi tick" harmful,if it is indeed present. What is it a symptom of and how does one go about correcting it.
And how many engine failures have been attributed to this dreaded affliction since your saying not to buy it if it's present.
Better yet exactly how is the engine affected when this tick presents itself. Can one expect a dented hood from Pistons punching through the head at the track or what precautions should be taken if this ticking is present.
And how is it fixed.

Calm down Clevy and consider switching to decaf.
If you carefully reread my post, you'll see that I don't mention engine failures or pistons popping through the hood. Instead, it's a major annoyance to owners that have the problem, and replacing lifters, rocker arms, etc... doesn't fix the tick.
My post was merely intended to point out a frustrating, widespread problem to the OP, just in case he's OCD about his cars like most of us here on the forum. Isn't that the overall objective of BITOG?

Here's one of many long threads on Hemi Tick:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f188/hemi-tick-256546/

Moving on to a more productive topic:
MCompact - Black Friday has come and gone. Did you pull the trigger on that beast?

Originally Posted By: SEBZX79
Some of these comments here are just silly. This is a 26-28k dollar car at the auction. People saying 19k are just not realistic and are just dreaming. If u get it for under 28k ur doing well.

For $28K I would rather have a 3 series BMW.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

For $28K I would rather have a 3 series BMW.

I've owned 10 Bimmers since 1983, and 3 have been 3ers. The only E9x that intrigues me in the slightest is the M3, and good ones are still north of $35k. I've spent a month of seat time in several E9x 335i variants and they just don't excite me all that much.
And the F3x 3ers are Sominex on wheels...

Did you get the car if so road test report ,What are the mpgs so far. Is it all you expected the Challenger to be?

Originally Posted By: MCompact
All will be revealed soon...

Sounds like you'll be updating your signature...

Update: The last few days of my job interfered with getting over to the dealer and the sled sold.
On the bright side, I talked with a couple of friends who write about cars for a living and they both thought I would be happier with a later 392(6.4 liter) car. In addition to more power the handling has been sharpened up a bit on the 392s.
I also looked at a 2015 Mustang GT with the Performance Package and was not particularly impressed. I'll probably drive one in the next week or so but the so far the 'stang leaves me cold.
I've driven the Camaro SS 6 speed and it also failed to light my fire.
So it's probably a 2-3 year old SRT 392 if I go domestic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back