Schaeffer's #132 yellow at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is well know and researched product! But I have been looking for what that yellow at the bottom of the bottle may be? Now I thought I saw somewhere, someone said it may be a dye? I am also aware of the VOA that has been out for a while. Has anyone ever mixed this "yellow stuff" at the bottom before doing any kind of analysis? Either way I love the product and have used it in just about everything, and it works very well.

uTIqFv.jpg

gYRLsd.jpg

Don't know of VOAs for this product.

If you're doing a VOA, why not do two? Pour off some from the top, then shake/mix thoroughly and get the second sample with the yellow in it. Then the yellow's composition will be known!

Or just shake and use...

Last edited:
Yeah I have used it both stirred and non stirred, it's too thick to shake lol. It has worked equally as well both times. Quieter engine, better starting and less oil consumption. But I am going to be sending in a sample soon, so I will gladly post the results!

I wasn't aware of another moly type oil additive. If I didn't have such good results with liqui-moly I'd give this stuff a shot however if it ain't broke.

From what I remember from analysis years ago, it is an Antimony based compound in it that does the work.

Not sure on the Yellow stuff.
The last few bottles that I used were a metallic gray plastic, nothing clear.

And yeah, there is no "shaking" that stuff up. Very Very thick.
Works awesome on vehicles that burn a lot, have leaks, or shear their oils through long OCI's.

There was a VOA on the product some years back. Unfortunately the search engine only goes back a year. If you have the same luck I did you won't find it.

Yeah this stuff as far as the "moly" goes it doesn't have much as far as we know from the old voa.

By Molakule
Moly 25
Phosphorus 120
Zinc 10
Antimony 64

Vi @ 100c 220

But the antimony is an awesome EP additive in low numbers. But as stated before the real reason this stuff is so good is the base, it's schaeffer's additive penetro. It's an alkyl amine that clings to metal and is great FM! Im just curious about this yellow stuff, it's always been there even when the bottles use to be black. But if everyone is just pouring it with out mixing it, idk if we have the whole story yet?

Interesting. All my bottles are opaque. The stuff is pretty darn viscous. I'd suspect it is just unmixibg of dyes which perhaps are more mobile in the thick base.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Don't know of VOAs for this product.

If you're doing a VOA, why not do two? Pour off some from the top, then shake/mix thoroughly and get the second sample with the yellow in it. Then the yellow's composition will be known!

Or just shake and use...

+10 let us known HighMileCummins!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Interesting. All my bottles are opaque. The stuff is pretty darn viscous. I'd suspect it is just unmixibg of dyes which perhaps are more mobile in the thick base.

I have heard of this, and might be true! Also any labs recommended?

I have 3 qts of delo ESI gear lube that I purchased in 2007 and there is a yellow thick layer in the bottom of the bottles about 3/8 thick. when I turned the bottle upside down for a couple of weeks the yellow glob moved as a glob the the bottom. I haven't decided what to do with the oil yet.

Originally Posted By: CT8
I have 3 qts of delo ESI gear lube that I purchased in 2007 and there is a yellow thick layer in the bottom of the bottles about 3/8 thick. when I turned the bottle upside down for a couple of weeks the yellow glob moved as a glob the the bottom. I haven't decided what to do with the oil yet.

Maybe it's all of that beautiful boron compound separating out??

Elemental boron is black.

Elemental boron is not found in nature on Earth, it's found in an oxidized form as borax or boric acid or salts of these.

Sassolite, a borax mineral found in Europe, may be yellow from sulfur impurities due to its volcanic origin.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

thumbsup2.gif
I concur.

They must have used powdered dyes at the time instead of the liquid, oil soluble dyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back