Price Of Gas.. Really Dropped Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When regular was around $3.50 here, premium was about .35 higher. This past week when regular was $2.80, premium was $2.95. It used to be mid-grade was always +.10 over regular and premium was always +.20 over regular.

Gas is $2.66 a gallon here in Minnesota...

What are you guys paying for regular??

Only Costco and Sam Clubs in Orange County have regular below $3, all brand name stations still have regular above $3.10-3.20.

Further south the gas price increases by 10-30 cents a gallon.

Well, the local stations finally had to lower the prices. Despite $75-$80 crude now for a couple months they had all been holding onto $3.05-$3.10+ for 87 which is way too high. FINALLY prices dropped and we are seeing anywhere from $2.75-$2.85 for 87.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: hpb
Gee, you guys have it tough alright - I paid $1.52 (AUD) per litre today, which works out to about $5.77 (AUD) per US gallon... And we have it good compared to Europe, the UK, etc!

How much of that is taxes going to your government though? I know in Europe their gas is very high but most of it goes to the government. We pay gas taxes here too but not at the level other places do.

You're quite right, about 30% of our fuel cost is government taxes. I guess it helps pay for our health and education systems though.

$2.45 in Minnesota.

Nice, BUT my Oil stocks are doing badly, so it's a NET LOSS for me!

You're quite right, about 30% of our fuel cost is government taxes. I guess it helps pay for our health and education systems though.

Even then the taxes only pay about 60% of road expenses, the rest are from the general fund.

Not insanely bad, it's the govt's job to maintain infrasturcture, but you should hear people whelping when the post office gets a nickel here and there.

Enjoy the low prices while you can...you know everyone in the the oil industry is grinding their teeth over these low prices and will be acting to get them back up...if it means cutting production or whatever, they will do it...they can't stand not making record profits every quarter...reasonable prices for consumers means that CEO Joe Blow is only earning a salary of $80M a year instead of $100M a year...

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Even then the taxes only pay about 60% of road expenses, the rest are from the general fund.

Not insanely bad, it's the govt's job to maintain infrasturcture, but you should hear people whelping when the post office gets a nickel here and there.

I don't think hpb is from the USA, eljefino.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Enjoy the low prices while you can...you know everyone in the the oil industry is grinding their teeth over these low prices and will be acting to get them back up...if it means cutting production or whatever, they will do it...they can't stand not making record profits every quarter...reasonable prices for consumers means that CEO Joe Blow is only earning a salary of $80M a year instead of $100M a year...

My thoughts almost exactly. These prices seem too good to be true. Remember... it is "supposed" to be $7/gal or so.

Has me thinking that someone has forgotten to jack up the prices. We need more storms that "might" happen, or.. something.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Originally Posted By: grampi

My thoughts almost exactly. These prices seem too good to be true. Remember... it is "supposed" to be $7/gal or so.

Has me thinking that someone has forgotten to jack up the prices. We need more storms that "might" happen, or.. something.

Refinery "breakdowns" and/or "unscheduled maintenance shutdowns" as well. Don't forget those 2 gems they use.

Of course if a flea farts in the desert somewhere in the middle east prices will triple overnight.

Gas is down to approx. $2.67 for 87 here now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back