Rural King Synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shopping at Rural King the other day and noticed they have a new product Rural King full Synthetic Motor oil for only $2.79 per quart. The label indicated it was made by Warren oil co. I understand that Warren Oil Co. also makes LubriGold Full Synthetic motor oil. Could it be the same Product?

I was considering trying RK dino for my oil burner. Its only $1.79 for the next two weks.

Which Warren is it made by? Is there a WPP/WNE on the bottom? If so it's Warren Performance Products who also make ST, Peak, Accel, Mag 1 etc... At $2.69 I'd stock up since WPP makes a very good product. It could be Warren-Unilube who make Coastal and some other oils (including Lubrigold I think)...I don't know much about these oils but they should be fine if they meet the SN
spec.

If the Rural King synthetic oil happens to come with dexos1 certification, I'd use it in anything... and at $2.79 a quart... that makes it even better!

I went on the rural king website ,and there isn't any synthetic oil under the rural king brand.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I went on the rural king website ,and there isn't any synthetic oil under the rural king brand.

IMG_20141116_214626_496_zps8b074de0.jpg

As much as I like oil deals, I would even consider this oil. In expensive things like engines, I don't even suggest giving it anything that wasn't top quality, name brand, nation wide oil.

You know, we quibble about a few dollars here and there when looking for good oil deals spending our $30 for an OCI that stretches anywhere from 6000-10000 miles, yet we spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars in fuel alone during that interval.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
As much as I like oil deals, I would even consider this oil. In expensive things like engines, I don't even suggest giving it anything that wasn't top quality, name brand, nation wide oil.

You know, we quibble about a few dollars here and there when looking for good oil deals spending our $30 for an OCI that stretches anywhere from 6000-10000 miles, yet we spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars in fuel alone during that interval.

I respect your opinion, but the blender that makes Rural King synthetic is Warren Oil Company, AKA Warren Unilube. They're not exactly a backyard blender. They have six plants around the country, and they operate a former Pennzoil plant in PA. Their Lubrigold synthetic shows nice properties, and I buy it at an everyday price of $3.60 a quart.

Personally I wouldn't hesitate to use it in a $45,000 vehicle. But that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

for the price it should be good oil. there are lots of people who run house brand oils in their vehicles with good results. i would use it if the price was right and i had a Rural King close.

some of my favorite deals are when the local farm store has Trop artic on sale for 1.99 a quart. I stock up and use it to do oil changes for people. you can make a dollar or 2 a qt plus 10$ labor and still give them and oil change cheaper than jiffy lube. that's what i use the "cheaper" oils for. no complaints yet.

Last edited:
A 0W-20 for $2.79/qt?
Wow!
As long as this is an API licensed oil, which I'm sure it is, I'd have no problems using it.
I have plenty of other oil in this grade, but if I needed some oil in the 0W-20 grade for the '12 Accord's December change, I'd have no problems with running this stuff.

I just picked up a case of their 0W-20 for my Ridgeline. Have had a few friends use it in their cars and they said no problems with it. Was close to $18 for a case (6 quarts)

Figured I'd try 7,500 miles and keep my M1-110 EP filter for 15,000 intervals with it.

Originally Posted By: Owenslee
Rural King has their synthetic on sale until Feb 5th for $2.46 / quart.

Thanks for the heads up. I may go get another case of it, just to have.

Ours is like hit and miss if they have it in stock or not.

Just came from my local Rural King and all they have of this oil is 0W-20 and 5W-20. If I didn't stock up on the Napa SYN for $2.99 a quart I would of bought a few cases of this stuff. I run 5W-20 in my Sonata and Elantra. Right now both have Valvoline 5W-20 in them from the dealer.

I'm using RK syn in my PT Cruiser and Altima right now. Been using it for a while, no problems.
My opinion is just the opposite, we here, tend to get too hung up on hype and advertising, and miss the point, tha...once you have "enough" protection, any extra protection is a waste. If I use Redline and Rural King oils and get the same longevity, which was the best money spent?

I'll admit PPPP has more "feel good" piece of mind, but there is no evidence that it protects better than RK oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back