Firestone vs Kuhmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
One tire says 3014 and another says 3314.

The ones on the driver side do not have a date code on them. I checked and checked and checked. There is no sign of it.

I take it this isn't too normal?

Originally Posted By: Bronxtale
One tire says 3014 and another says 3314.

The ones on the driver side do not have a date code on them. I checked and checked and checked. There is no sign of it.

I take it this isn't too normal?

Those two tires are probably mounted so the date code is facing the inside. It will take a flashlight and some crawling on the ground to find them, unless you remove the wheels.

That would make sense, since it's a directional tire. The date code is on the same side on all of them.

I just got a set of Kumho KW31s put on my Civic on Tuesday and then on Wednesday we got some light snow which fell on top of a thin layer of ice. People were sliding all over the place and having a hard time even going up slight inclines, and I honestly felt as if I was only driving on rain soaked roads, that's how good these tires performed for me! I am seriously impressed with these tires so far!

I'm going to check today what the other two tires are.

In the end, driving in snowy conditions and if we have a winter like last year, which of the two you believe to be better.

The car doesn't go to far as its just used to drive kids back and forth to school and family outings. Like I said, we are lucky to put on 15K a year on the car.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back