Pulling the Trigger on a CPO Challenger SRT8

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I hope so; I'm going to see how low the dealer will go on the CPO Challenger SRT8 I've been lusting after for a while. I'm waiting until Black Friday and then shooting them a lowball offer. They've had it since late July so we will see...
0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say good luck but I think you will find out why they have had it since late July.
My guess is they think that they have a double dose of unobtanium on four wheels and have hunkered down, pricing it accordingly to correspond with their delusional stance.
Take a run at it anyway.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
I'd say good luck but I think you will find out why they have had it since late July.
My guess is they think that they have a double dose of unobtanium on four wheels and have hunkered down, pricing it accordingly to correspond with their delusional stance.
Take a run at it anyway.

I'd be inclined to agree, except for the fact that it is a 2010 with 18k miles- and they are only asking $28,500. I think that it is nailed to the floor because it's a manual and lacks a sunroof. Me, I want three pedals and would almost pay extra to delete a hole in the roof...

I'd go the day before thanksgiving. I bought my legacy the day before thanksgiving, and I was the only customer in the dealership. My car was also sitting on the lot for quite a while. I had driven it the previious weekend and they finally came down to where I wanted to pay.

If they don't get to where you want, go back after the black Friday sales and try again. I wouldn't get caught up in the pressure of the black Friday sales, or putting up with lousy service because the masses are falling for it.

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Take a run at it anyway.

I'd be inclined to agree, except for the fact that it is a 2010 with 18k miles- and they are only asking $28,500. I think that it is nailed to the floor because it's a manual and lacks a sunroof. Me, I want three pedals and would almost pay extra to delete a hole in the roof...

I would think that they would be motivated to sell it with it hanging in inventory that long. I guess that it is going to come down to what they have in it. I would think that if they bought it right, it would have hit the auction before now.

Remember no matter how nice the car if you aren't getting a low ,low price you are paying too much. Want and need are 2 different things.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Remember no matter how nice the car if you aren't getting a low ,low price you are paying too much. Want and need are 2 different things.

I agree 100%- I sure don't need it, and I'm not paying silly money just to grab it.

I agree 100%- I sure don't need it, and I'm not paying silly money just to grab it.

I have made so much money in stocks, that I cant imagine buying anything that doesn't go up in value. But good luck with the purchase...

I have a friend -NOT in the car sales business- with access to auction reports and his records show that the lowest one of these cars has brought is $27,000.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

I have made so much money in stocks, that I cant imagine buying anything that doesn't go up in value. But good luck with the purchase...
Stocks the fun is making money which is good. Cars is beating the snot out of them and enjoying it which is good.

Good luck with your potential purchase.
If you haven't already done so, listen to it at idle to make sure it doesn't have the "Hemi Tick" before you seal the deal. Lots of discussion on this forum and other, Challenger-specific forums regarding this problem.
Some owners with manual trannys also complain about a 1st to 2nd gear "nibble.

There isn't a huge market for sticks these days even in sporty cars.
Most drivers have never experienced the joys of driving a stick and the number of people with manuals willing to teach new drivers how to use a clutch is dwindling.
I'd bet that if the car had a slushbox, it'd already be gone.
This is a car with a very limited market made even more limited by the three pedals.
Make the dealer a lowball offer and go from there.
Decide exactly how high you're willing to go before you visit the store.

Some of these comments here are just silly. This is a 26-28k dollar car at the auction. People saying 19k are just not realistic and are just dreaming. If u get it for under 28k ur doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back