REALLY... aggressive driver today

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way back from the gym, in a 40 mph zone I was going about 44 mph.. well a Subaru behind me didn't like that and proceeded to pass. With these drivers it is best just to let them go by and slow down. Well not 2 minutes down the rode I see Mr. Aggressive on the side of the road... with an unmarked ford f-150 with red and blues glowing in the night. Seems he tried passing the wrong guy (police) and was stopped. I could only help but honk once at him! I honestly have no problem with speeding but c'mon man!! Anyways... experience any drivers like this recently?

Last edited:
going over on a highway is one thing( i think speed limits should be higher on interstates). But in a city setting with traffic, tailgating and dangerous passing has no excuse. Glad he/she was caught.

We experience them everyday here. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to see them pulled over. I can't help but wave.

I'm presently vacationing in So Florida. There are considerably more aggressive drivers here than in Metro Detroit.

I've never been lucky enough to see one of these bozos get their just reward as lawman has.

I'm a pretty fast driver, always zipping down the road. I can't understand though when the guy next to me nails the gas pedal and hauls a$$ down the road and then stops at the same light that I arrive at a minute later. Sometimes this happens 4-5 times in a row.

I just ask myself - Why?

We were driving out of NYC, via the Holland Tunnel last weekend... I was passing in the fast lane, and a black Mercedes GL zoomed up out of nowhere behind me. I must have been doing 65-770 and he was WAY faster. Since I was passing, there was someone in the slow lane. He cut all the way across, passed on the shoulder, zoomed on, did this multiple times again. A few seconds after the Mercedes, an S8 did the same thing, same driving on the shoulder, etc.

The GL was dragging a cone underneath.

They sure were lucky that they didnt hit bad gravel or skid out.

Ive seen a few folks who have slammed on brakes hard on the interstate in recent memory... Causing drivers to take evasive maneuvers.

Exactly! I do not wish evil or hate on someone but what he did was completely dangerous. Not to mention I wasn't snail-pacing it.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
We were driving out of NYC, via the Holland Tunnel last weekend... I was passing in the fast lane, and a black Mercedes GL zoomed up out of nowhere behind me. I must have been doing 65-770 and he was WAY faster. Since I was passing, there was someone in the slow lane. He cut all the way across, passed on the shoulder, zoomed on, did this multiple times again. A few seconds after the Mercedes, an S8 did the same thing, same driving on the shoulder, etc.

The GL was dragging a cone underneath.

They sure were lucky that they didnt hit bad gravel or skid out.

Ive seen a few folks who have slammed on brakes hard on the interstate in recent memory... Causing drivers to take evasive maneuvers.

Funny you mention black Mercedes, those and black BMW's seem to be the most frequent vehicles involved in accidents around here during good weather and rain. At least from the observations of myself, my wife, and several friends. It's always some kid in daddy's Benz or Beamer that manages to cause an accident and create a traffic jam at least half a dozen times a week, many fatal. It gets old real fast.

No offense Benz or Beamer drivers, but if you own one keep on eye on your kids if you allow them to drive it.

I see worse every day. Just this week I saw a brotruck pulling a large toy hauler passing cars in the center divider in a 45 zone.all the while rolling coal out of his stacks in the bed. The red light runners really make me mad.I'll get a green and I look and see a car and it's not stopping. I'd be hit if I had pulled out on my green.

Stupid Subaru drivers!

I have to admit that I passed a guy doing 25 MPH in a 30 MPH zone the other day. It was 0530 and no one was on the road except for the guy in front of me, the guy who passed him a few minutes prior, and me. I felt terrible passing him on a windy road that does NOT have a passing area, but 25 MPH on a back road that most people drive 40+ MPH on was too much.

My threshold for pain is the speed limit, even if it's much lower than most people drive. If some one AT LEAST drives the speed limit on this road I'll keep my distance and drive normally, even though it's painfully slow and the guy behind me is riding my butt, and the guy behind him and the guy behind him, and so on.

I'm not really a slow driver by any means, I usually go 80+ on the freeway and people still blow by me like i'm standing still, and they're usually a couple feet behind each other ... there must be something good going on that I don't know about lol

And like what someone else said, people rush to get thru the light so around here even after mine turns green there's still cars going through the intersection >.<

Last edited:
Drivers in So Cal are very aggressive. I cruised in top down S2000 at 77-78 MPH in right lane on I5 south to/from San Diego and was passed at more than 5-10 MPH by mostly big SUV's.

The speed limit on I5 between LA and San Diego is 65 MPH, nobody but big trucks drives at less than 70 MPH, but more than 15-20 MPH above speed limit is too much.

I'm in no hurry to get anywhere. I always leave early enough so I'm not rushed. My trucks absolutely drink gasoline like its free after 70mph so I don't bother trying to set speed records in them. Heck I routinely beat 20mpg in my C3. It's got a 6.0 with 325hp/375tq.
My charger on the other hand I enjoy driving it,and it handles fantastic at high speeds.
Drivers here are courteous for the most part. Yeah there's those rolling coal bro dipsticks and the ricer meatheads but thankfully there aren't many.
Here if the highway is busy and the driver ahead sees you coming up fast they will pull off to the side and let you by,which I've never seen before. Our shoulders tend to be well paved.
I let people by all the time. It's better than the tailgating that is inevitable when a person is trying to accelerate and pass while waiting for traffic the other way.
In all the places I've been Sask has the most courteous drivers as a whole. Ontario and Alberta are just brutal.

In the city I live we have lots of people doing 25 in 35 and blocking the roads. Or taking full 5 seconds to move that leg from brake to gas when it turns green. When you pass them, they honk or give you the bird. Those are the really bad passive aggressive drivers to me. Unlike the OP, I don't mind if anyone passes me at all.

I gotta question for you lawman:

While at a stoplight, these motorcycle riders that go in between lanes to get to the front of the pack; is that legal? I swear, a lot of times there's only a 1/2 inch gap between my car door and the motorcycle when it's going past my driver's side car door.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
In the city I live we have lots of people doing 25 in 35 and blocking the roads. Or taking full 5 seconds to move that leg from brake to gas when it turns green. When you pass them, they honk or give you the bird. Those are the really bad passive aggressive drivers to me. Unlike the OP, I don't mind if anyone passes me at all.

Yep.

For some reason a lot of people in the South like to drive slowly and meander, until they think you are going to pass them, and then they make a big deal about trying to stay in front of you. I don't get it. [censored] or get off the pot. Don't hold everyone else up just for the sake of being a passive aggressive [censored]. I have run into this type of driving in NC, SC, GA, and AL. I haven't done much driving in TN, but for some reason I see a lot of TN plates down here and they tend to be among the worst offenders.

I have no problem being passed, as long as the person passing actually intends to keep going faster than I am, and isn't doing it just to be an obnoxious obstruction meandering and holding up traffic.

I think in many places in the South, the road system can handle the volume of cars, but lazy drivers clog things up by traveling in packs in every available lane.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The red light runners really make me mad.I'll get a green and I look and see a car and it's not stopping. I'd be hit if I had pulled out on my green.

This.

It has become a habit of mine to check both ways quickly when my light turns green. There is one intersection on my way to work that people love to run red lights. Some days it is a prius, this past monday it was a tri-axle dump truck. The red light isn't even that long if you have to wait. It is all part of the "me" mentality.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
For some reason a lot of people in the South like to drive slowly and meander, until they think you are going to pass them, and then they make a big deal about trying to stay in front of you. I don't get it. [censored] or get off the pot.

I prefer to sum that up as Lead, Follow or get out of the way. That applies to many other situations.

The vast majority of people do not know how to drive safely and drive w/courtesy/consideration for others. Way too many factors involved to explain this behavior. I hate tailgaters esp. when I'm going slightly above sp. limit. I hope they pass @ first chance and hopefully they don't cause any incidents for others down the road. IMO, everyone should be taught how to drive a stick shift automobile and it wouldn't hurt to know how drive a motorcycle as well. Would make a much better driver who would know their and machines capabilities. Alas, I know, not reasonable to expect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back