Purolator Date Codes-How To Decode Dates On Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just curious how can you tell the build date on purolator oil filters? I found a box of them at the shop and wanted to see how old they were. I may have figured it out but not 100% sure does anyone have the formula?

This is what i came up with:
Pureone (Blue) with the number FO3T16D1 June 2003
Classic F10F03D1 Jan. 2013

I have that chart saved on my phone/ ipad's photo stream. Makes checking dates online and in store pretty simple.
laugh.gif

*Hopefully Apple's system doesnt get infiltrated again.. dont want that picture floating around on the web.
whistle.gif

Last edited:
I think i am on the money here but i want to check a few more things, it would be nice if they put the dates on the filters so everyone can read them but i understand why they don't. If anyone thinks i should not put the formula here let me know in a PM. Again i want to be pretty sure i got it.

Hunh????

Date Code is linked in ZO6 thread above in my previous post and there's no reason to believe it's not accurate.

From 09 the code has been decoded here since back in 2010 as linked below and it too was not in dispute. ZO6 added the prior to 2009 code decifer and reconfirmed the 2009+ info.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1739417

And no other filter maker afaik puts the readable/plain date on the can/filter either.

So post as you choose, but the date code links posted are accurate.

^^^ Yep, I made that latest chart up due to info right from Purolator. They skip some letters in the year field. Thanks for finding that thread sayjac.
thumbsup2.gif

Here's the chart again:

PurolatorOilFilterDateCode.png

i was looking at the julian date calendar but i only have a few purolator classics left to check with ,i sent them all back when everyone started reporting the tearing and wavy media issues. but the few i had matched up pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back