2014 Ford Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend I work with and she just got a new 2014 Ford Focus Sedan with an Automatic Trans.

She describes shift irregularities but I am not familiar with that trans at all.

I did some reading and apparently Ford has major transmission problems with the Powershift transmission I believe it has.

She took me out on a test drive and the shift points seemed unplanned. There would be drop-offs in power delivery before shifts but it was very hard to hear anything, it is a lot more quiet in the cabin than my Honda Fit.

I have no experience with Ford at all and what their weaknesses are so I want people who really know what she should be aware of to post responses.

Thanks for all your help guys this is very important for her to get to the bottom of the problem if there is one.

My first piece of advice would be to give it a few thousand miles. The transmission may need a break-in period and the shift logic software is probably adaptive, meaning it should settle down some in terms of its jerky operation. It's a 2014 model, so she's not likely in a rush here in terms of warranty running out...let it ride for a few months and see how it does.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
It's an automated manual transmission; it is going to act like a manual transmission, not a slushbox.

I think we have a winner! That and it does do adaptive learning.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
It's an automated manual transmission; it is going to act like a manual transmission, not a slushbox.

+2

My friend has the same vehicle. It went to the dealer several times for them to fix/figure it out. I believe they reprogrammed the transmission and now its "OK". I mean, it is still a dual clutch terrible trans....

Originally Posted By: cb_13
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx

+2

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back