Want to re-anodize a Campy headset piece....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago, I had my Mondia frame powder coated black and the headset was never taken off and got powder coated also.I finally decided to get rid of that ugly black coating and I coated it now with a bright yellow.Now, I striped the headset of the black, but now it looks as if the headset got sand blasted. I want to see if anyone knows where I can get this piece anodized the right color as original. The piece looks like this color;http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Campagnolo-Super-Record-Headset-/361117474721?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5414475fa1&autorefresh=true .Or,does anyone know what color this is? Thanks.

That's what's called clear anodization - same process as color anodizing, except the dye bath gets skipped. Your headset cups likely did get sandblasted as part of the powdercoating prep, so you'll need to polish the piece before anodization. Any marks before anodizing will show up after.
Best,
Jon

Originally Posted By: CT8
Would is cost less to replace the head set?
probaably not. These are pretty old pieces and they don't make 'em anymore.Plus,it's a small piece to coat,i'd say 20 bucks or so, (hopefully) to coat.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Originally Posted By: CT8
Would is cost less to replace the head set?
probaably not. These are pretty old pieces and they don't make 'em anymore.Plus,it's a small piece to coat,i'd say 20 bucks or so, (hopefully) to coat.

Yes, GOOD LUCK in finding any 'new old stock' in the original, old style, press in Campy headsets for less than a king's ransom at least.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back