FUEL %
ANTIFREEZE % 0.0

WATER % 0.0

INSOLUBLES % 0.3

TBN 8.2

be06d443dac45bad5e84500fe09d0d2c_zpsaac05b04.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Very clean. What kind of miles were these? Hwy? City?

65% highway. Lots of heavy acceleration/boost. Car is too much fun not to.

Originally Posted By: dashredder
R u doing 10,000 interval? Nice report.

The report says 7,462. You can find it at the very top of the grey colored horizontal portion of the chart, 'MI/HR on Oil'

Last edited:
Is that Focus a manual trans?

That report looks excellent. Forget about what Blackstone says about 9500 miles though.

I just picked up a 2015 ST, and have been wondering what the best oil for the Ecoboost would be. It looks like Redline is an excellent choice! Is your engine still stock?

Originally Posted By: wemay
R u doing 10,000 interval? Nice report.

The report says 7,462. You can find it at the very top of the grey colored horizontal portion of the chart, 'MI/HR on Oil'

Thank you, I saw that in the post. I also read the narrative that said he could go 9500 or even 10000 miles next time. Just curious if he was going to extend.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is that Focus a manual trans?

That report looks excellent. Forget about what Blackstone says about 9500 miles though.

Focus STs are manual transmission only.

What makes you say no to 9,500 miles? I'm only asking because if the oil is performing well, why not?

This oil had better TBN retention than what we usually see with Red Line.
I'd absolutely run this oil 10K and then UOA it.
Unless TBN drops off a cliff after 7.5K, this oil should be good for more like 15K in this engine as you use it.
You may as well get your money out of this relatively costly oil.
The only reservation I have is that this oil may already be thickening after the 7.5K run.
A VOA of the oil would be useful in determining whether that's really the case, or at least a phone consult with Red Line, since FWIU, they're very helpful and forthcoming in assisting users.
The add pack looks stout although obviously not compliant with current API ZDDP limits.

What makes you say no to 9,500 miles? I'm only asking because if the oil is performing well, why not?

I was suggesting that you stay with 7,500 miles because Iron is at 18ppm and the Copper is at 7ppm. I wouldn't want the wear any higher than that, but I'm sure someone will disagree with me.

It's the rate at which wear metals accrue that matters, not the gross amount.
If a 10K UOA shows 10 ppm copper and 28 ppm iron, then the rate hasn't changed, so the oil wouldn't have been used up.
This engine does have a UOA history shown in the Blackstone report, and there is nothing alarming about either iron or copper in this UOA based upon the historical trend.
If anything, this UOA is one of the better ones for this engine.
I'd be more concerned about what may be thickening of the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back