autozone battery warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell my batteries are starting to get week cause it cranks slow at first on the first start of the day when the grid heater kicks on. Will autozone only warranty my batteries if they are completely dead?

From my experience, if they hook their little portable test up to it and it comes back with a bad reading they will take care of it depending on your warranty status.

They pro-rated mine after testing confirmed bad. But, it would have been cheaper to get battery at Advance after discounts. It was $95.00 after getting warranty amount subtracted.

i buy auto zone batteries from autozone commercial because we spend a lot there and i get a good discount. i had a 4 year old gold go bad because it went dead in the winter cold due to my daughter leaving on parking lights and it sat stone dead for about a month in my driveway when she was at school and they tested it and handed me a new one off the shelf. I don't know if that is what they do all the time but i was happy with them. In my experience sears is the worst the last 10 or so years

You might just need to recharge the battery, sometimes short tripping drains the battery faster faster than it can recharge.

A low state of charge will kill a healthy battery over time through sulfation.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I can tell my batteries are starting to get week cause it cranks slow at first on the first start of the day when the grid heater kicks on. Will autozone only warranty my batteries if they are completely dead?

As stated they have a slick little tester that will give you an immediate answer. And it's free.

Since most batteries are so evenly comparable now we buy whatever brand has the longest non pro rated warranty period.

Last 3 or 4 batteries in the fleet here are Advance Auto, simply due to the above strategy and pricing. All have held up well...

I had both AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts test a Advance Auto Parts battery that was under warranty as good. Took it to shop afterward and they tested it as bad and did a warranty exchange with Advance Auto Parts and charged the labor to replace it. I think the little machines AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts bring out to your car cannot put enough load on the battery to test it properly. The shop had a full size tester that could pull load similar to what it takes during start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back