the dreaded RUST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: supton

What I ought to do is offer to spray friends cars for like cost+$20.

Can I be your friend?

Ha!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: jcwit
http://www.kellsportproducts.com/

I notice they mentioned Fluid Film has the consistency of latex paint. The compound I use has the consistency of grade 1.5 grease. This suggests Fluid Film is pre-thinned with solvent. I have to thin my compound myself with mineral spirits to make it sprayable.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Originally Posted By: jcwit
http://www.kellsportproducts.com/

I notice they mentioned Fluid Film has the consistency of latex paint. The compound I use has the consistency of grade 1.5 grease. This suggests Fluid Film is pre-thinned with solvent. I have to thin my compound myself with mineral spirits to make it sprayable.

Kestas, next time I'm in Detroit, Ill drop of a jug of the oil I use. I think you;ll like it...

I use a Princess Tire Undercoating gun $20. for my Fluid film. per the website FAQ I thin it a bit with cooking oil .
"I have a gallon of FLUID FILM and want to thin it down. How can I do that?
The first recommendation is to thoroughly mix the product. FLUID FILM is thixotropic, and will get heavier upon sitting. Achieving room temperature with the product will help as well. If a thinner version is wanted, start by mixing a small amount of vegetable oil to the product until the desired consistency is reached. "

Another product I use per internet research is chainsaw bar oil as a touchup.

I dont know if anybody makes their own waxoil but you should check it out. I make mine with 30w nd motor oil from napa, diesel fuel, and paraffin wax. First you melt the wax and then thin it out with the oil and diesel fuel. Wherever you spray it it sticks and forms a gel like coating that contains oil. Because the wax holds the oil the oil always gets replenished when washed away and it has time to creep into small places. Also the wax helps it stick to the underside of things without it dripping off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back