Forcefield Pre-Filter ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this before or have any info or pics?

I found a You Tube video and it looks like its good. Last for 50K miles.
When you see the video and it shows you under the micoscope you can see some very harmful stuff, Like even the best SYN only when its dirty has IRON and can cause damage even though the additives are still there.. Take a look at video..

** If this has been posted.. Im sorry I didnt see it. **
However wondering if anyone has one and if they noticed cleaner oil and or better cold starts. Also wondering what cars they have the product out for? Or is it a waste? What are your feelings about it... Watch video and thanks.
Perhaps if someone has a old one and cuts it open we can see. They show on video and its nasty.

142g8t2.jpg

voq24l.jpg

Take apart and old hard drive and put the magnet on the outside of your filter, you get what I'd describe as a grey stain. For free. But to be honest there's no proof that the filter wouldn't have caught that, or whatever this magnet might catch.

No surprise it looked nasty after 50k. What's the difference between this and running a filter that's 99% efficient?

It sounds like a good idea but looks gimmicky. Even without this magnetic filtration, engines seem to last for 200K or more on oil and filter changes alone. Plus if your engine was shedding as much metal as what was on that magnet I would be concerned about other things. I would be worried about potential gasket failures or the magnet "letting go" of the iron particles sending them back into your oil all at once.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
solves a problem no one has..

This!! Except is solves a cashflow problem if they can get people to buy it.

Well its from the same company that sells the Magnefine ATF Filters and Power Sterring Filters.... and We all know the Magnefine ATF Filters help... b/c you can see all the [censored] in there when you unscrew them.

So who knows... to bad its 40$

If it was like 10$ I would give it a try....

but 40$, I stick with Fram Ultra.

Thanks for your input..

However do you think they are LIEING in the video???

Originally Posted By: David1

However wondering if anyone has one and if they noticed cleaner oil and or better cold starts.

How would this give you better cold starts?

It's a decent idea and design, but if I was going to filter with a super magnet like this I'd rather use the Filter-Mag because you don't have to worry about the oil seal and you don't have to ever replace it.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
It's a decent idea and design, but if I was going to filter with a super magnet like this I'd rather use the Filter-Mag because you don't have to worry about the oil seal and you don't have to ever replace it.

That make sense but the filter mag can only hold so much correct?

Originally Posted By: David1
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

That make sense but the filter mag can only hold so much correct?

It "holds" whatever it catches while stuck to the side of the filter ... probably catch as much as that Forcefieled per OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back