PEAK GLOBAL LIFETIME FOR CHRYSLER

Status
Not open for further replies.
My manual is stating me to use specifically HOAT coolant= Zerex G-05. But Peak GL says it is compatible with any vehicle model. Should I stay on the safe side and buy Zerex G-05 or buy the cheaper PEAK GL? Would it be ok to mix both of them?

I've seen some crazy stuff go wrong with Chrysler and using cheaper/alternative maintenance fluids and parts.
If you go online to Chrysler website or dealership websites you can usually get coupon or promos. Our Dealership parts dept is running a special on Chrysler /Jeep/Dodge fluids and parts for winter. Saves a couple bucks and keeps the car on the road.
I wouldnt risk it.

I like to use G05 in my Chrysler vehicles. That said, if you want to use a universal, Peak GL is the one I'd use, since it's not a Dexclone.

I literally just researched this today. Bought the Zerex G-05 at NAPA for like 10 bucks for the full strength. The Peak Global met the Ford specification though and would have bought that as well if I was doing a complete flush.

agree. use mopar or G05. I have a friend who used "universal" coolant in his Jeep. then his water pump started leaking at a young 50k miles. certainly not conclusive - but I believe that the universal coolant contributed to the early failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back