Engine Flow Chart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put together this engine flow chart to help us better understand the
difference between all the I-4s and V4s engine configurations... what
do you think???

15822818501_99c824bff6_h.jpg

In 1995 Sterling Marlins Morgan McClure, Kodak sponsored car experimented with a header/exhaust system that made they're car sound like a Ferrari. They debuted the car at Daytona in Feb, IIRC, and won, and also won one other restrictor plate race that year. The other teams were calling him Nigel Marlin during speed week. I love the sound of the Ducattis...they're easy to pick out whose who in a race just by they're sound.

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
I put together this engine flow chart to help us better understand the
difference between all the I-4s and V4s engine configurations... what
do you think???

I'm wondering how I know it's a Ducati Desmosedici? Or Honda ST1100/1300? Or Yamaha V-Max? Or Suzuki GSV-R?

Originally Posted By: weasley

I'm wondering how I know it's a Ducati Desmosedici? Or Honda ST1100/1300? Or Yamaha V-Max? Or Suzuki GSV-R?

Updated...
15660151850_6a61fd7739_h.jpg

I had an '89 V-Max with a Supertrapp exhaust and I don't remember it having a high pitched drone sound...to me it sounded like a top fuel funny car when I was getting on it...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I had an '89 V-Max with a Supertrapp exhaust and I don't remember it having a high pitched drone sound...to me it sounded like a top fuel funny car when I was getting on it...

Alzheimers is a terrible thing...

Love the sound of piped (or gutted stock) early 80's big bore imports! My dad had an early 80's KZ 1000 that I drooled over- of course I was just a kid then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back