getting old: must be 60 or more to post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn 75 tomorrow and feel very lucky. My Dad was the oldest relative anyone in the family ever heard of and he died at 53. I'm still changing my own oil in 8 motor vehicles and a bunch of OPE. Brisk walking and working out on an elliptical keep me pretty limber, but stamina and various aches and pains are becoming minor issues. Getting amorous has dwindled to once or twice a week, but the quality makes up for the lack of quantity. I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Put me down for 74. That's how old I'll be if I make it to my birthday November 7th.

Well,here it is almost a year later, so I'll be 75 this November 7. No change in the last year. Hope to post again next year.

Well, yet another year has passed. I am still 75, but I'll be 76 this coming Nov 7, if I can last another week. The major change in this last year is that I am now equipped with a heart pacemaker, which is causing an irritating lump in my upper left chest. It was done on an outpatient basis, although I was kept in the hospital overnight for observation. The hospital billed the insurance company a total if $51,000, including $28,000 for the operating room. This did not include what the surgeon and the anesthesiologist charged.

The years are passing way too fast. Here it is November the 7th again, and I am now 77. Not much has changed for me this past year. My wife and I are coming up on being married 51 years in December. Even our kids are beginning to age. Our oldest is now 49.

Checking in again. I can't believe that, tomorrow November 7 2014, I will be 78. My wife is 75, and is now over 13 years away from her colon cancer episode of 2001. We are both in reasonably good health. I hope to be able to check in again next year.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, Do yoga. It'll improve your flexibility. I swear it stops the hands of time. Don't think about it. Do it.

If you think it's some kind of religion and you cannot do it therefore, you're either 180 years old or just lying to yourself.

Fight stiffness and win. Do yoga. Kira

I tried it. It was painful (though that has to do more with my age than anything), but the continuously running diatribe on "energy" and other aspects of it are what turned me off to Yoga...let me exercise/stretch in a bit more peace and quiet, and I would be willing to try it again...but keep babbling on about your spiritual view? Nah, no thanks...

Just did my birthday water ski to celebrate 60 years. Skied on 30 different ski apparatus including barefoot, canoe paddle, baking sheet and cooler lid. Took 4 hours to do it. Yes I was sore the next few days.

Set the course record on the cycling leg of a small local triathalon in September. My 24 year old son who ran 7000 racing/training miles for cross country and track in HS and has the overall record in the triathalon considers me a faster biker than he is.

Just started a new sport last spring - short track speed skating. Going to practice today and will compete in the next few months.

I don't have gray hair. I have streaks of wisdom.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back