Pages open partially

Status
Not open for further replies.
All pages open to ~ 1/2 size. I have tried to enlarge pages by pulling to full size but, the next time I open, it has resorted to the smaller size. Is there a cure?
Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
All pages open to ~ 1/2 size. I have tried to enlarge pages by pulling to full size but, the next time I open, it has resorted to the smaller size. Is there a cure?
Ed

Windows or Mac? Which version? What browser? By half size - do you mean small fonts, or the window doesn't occupy the full screen? Or something else?

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Windows 8, IE9. Window occupies only about 1/2 screen when open. ed

Maximize the window by clicking the icon at upper right. Now hold down the CTRL key on the keyboard and close the window by clicking the red "X", also at upper right.

Next time you open the browser it should "remember" its state from the last time it was open.

Ok. You said pulling to full size - like you're going to the edge of the window, where your cursor changes to the double-sided arrow, then manually adjusting the window size?

I just did some experimenting (but I'm still on Win 7) with IE. For me, the first time I re-sized the window and closed it, it did not remember it's size and position upon reopening. But then I re-opened and re-sized again and immediately closed it, and it was in the correct position at the correct size when I reopened again.

I looked at MS's documentation and the expected behavior is for IE to remember it's size and position when you close & re-open it.

This info is stored in the registry. So if you're at work and you have locked-down security, I suppose that could interfere with the size & position data being saved.

Here's an article on MS's support forum, where an MS employee goes over the issue and some suggested registry edits to try and fix it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...35-4409af4ecf8b

Sorry I don't have better news for you, but I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back