I love this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this sure is a great site with all the many forums. As far as the teenagers, I was still a teenager when I started serving my country, and a car nut to boot. So I say teenagers welcome.

All things considered, BITOG is a top notch forum. I think it's partly because we have a mature owner and mature moderators and partly because motor oil is quite a generic subject, so this site attracts individuals, with a broad range of age and education.

That is why, quite frankly, one can skip the oil section altogether and still find plenty of interesting discussions in other sections.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
That is why, quite frankly, one can skip the oil section altogether and still find plenty of interesting discussions in other sections.

I sheepishly raise my hand and offer that I rarely read the main oil forums anymore. I'm usually in the automotive general forum and in the various "off topic" forums like this one.

I have found there to be no equal to BITOG out there in the interwebs. I used to be a member of a forum relating to the cars I own, but not anymore. I cruise CR-V and MDX forums every now and then, but very rarely post anything, and usually only because a thread there came up in a Google hit. BITOG is so unique in that, despite its vast membership, discussion is almost always courteous and well controlled. There is also a certain level of interactivity among members here where we can hold each other accountable for a stray post or a flame here or there.

I've been a member of BITOG for 10 years now, and it's the only bookmark in my list that I regularly visit on a daily basis.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: KrisZ

I sheepishly raise my hand and offer that I rarely read the main oil forums anymore. I'm usually in the automotive general forum and in the various "off topic" forums like this one.

I have found there to be no equal to BITOG out there in the interwebs. I used to be a member of a forum relating to the cars I own, but not anymore. I cruise CR-V and MDX forums every now and then, but very rarely post anything, and usually only because a thread there came up in a Google hit. BITOG is so unique in that, despite its vast membership, discussion is almost always courteous and well controlled. There is also a certain level of interactivity among members here where we can hold each other accountable for a stray post or a flame here or there.

I've been a member of BITOG for 10 years now, and it's the only bookmark in my list that I regularly visit on a daily basis.

I agree with you here.
I just click the active topics link to see what going on.
Many might find this site boring because of the topics of discussion. I find it the most entertaining site out there. I guess as I've aged I prefer knowledge and data now,surprising since I was at one point a total maniac.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
who was that guy with the XC70 Volvo wagon. His posts were entertaining, tho he may have rubbed some the wrong way.

I still thought he was a hoot. Sure he was probably banned long ago

TechnoLogs....... He was fun

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/userposts/id/55728

thanks for the reply, but no. This guy got an xc70 and really didn't know how to maintain it. \everyone insisted he get it maintained PROPERLY but he kept wasting endless money on silly things until the car finally gave up and died. I literally laughed at every thread he started the way he was able to get all the Volvo people upset with his general ignorance and stubbornness.

anyone else know who i'm talking about?

Originally Posted By: UncleS2
I miss Bob, Johnny, & Terry.
frown.gif

Talk about a flash back. All are real solid members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back