Aprox cost of roadforce balancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody. Does anybody know an aprox. cost to have a car road foce balanced? I have gone down the list of possibilities and traditional balancing doesn't seem to be working for one of my tires. I wasnt sure the price range per tire (don't want to be shocked when I get it done.)

About $120 out here on average

Pricing may be regional. Remember speaking to some other guy on another forum, think he was paying $50 for all 4

Last edited:
I think the cost is going to depend on where you get it done.

Locally, we have a farm supply store which sells tires... and they have a Road Force balancer. Cost is only a few bucks per tire more than spin balancing.

Originally Posted By: chefwong
About $120 out here on average

Pricing may be regional. Remember speaking to some other guy on another forum, think he was paying $50 for all 4

$30 per tire for a balance? Not a mount & balance, but just a simple balance??

Out here I can get a lifetime rotation and road force balance for $10 per tire

I did say regional right.

I don't hesitate when I go for my $200+ alignments....it is what it is, and my guys I frequent are worth it.

Others are happy with the lifetime Firestone specials.

I tend to go operator based. Some of my wheels alone are around 8K, with tars costing $350 a pop.....

Lifetime RF Balance - man, if only those guys setup shop out here !

Last edited:
Near Philadelphia got a $20 per tire quote if all goes well, more if more than normal tweaking is required. I'm not sure of the details of the process but my understanding is that the tires and wheels may need to be swapped to get things perfect. "Normal" requires checking each tire twice, I believe, so it is labor intensive.

Very important is to find a shop with an experienced trained operator that is given the time to do the job right. If you can, hang around and watch to see how they do on other guys' wheels.

Originally Posted By: Smcatub
Out here I can get a lifetime rotation and road force balance for $10 per tire.

Mounting and road force balancing for $10 each is way outside the norm. Are you sure it's really road force balancing? They can't even cover their costs for that price...a good road force balance may require dismounting a tire and spinning it on the wheel some...it generally takes an hour or more.

Around here, a road force balance is $25/tire.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: Smcatub
Out here I can get a lifetime rotation and road force balance for $10 per tire.

Mounting and road force balancing for $10 each is way outside the norm. Are you sure it's really road force balancing? They can't even cover their costs for that price...a good road force balance may require dismounting a tire and spinning it on the wheel some...it generally takes an hour or more.

Around here, a road force balance is $25/tire.

That's not for the mount - so yeah, I don't know if they'd charge extra if they had to remove the tire for balancing. Now I'm curious. It's just become too cold for me to handle my next oil change myself, so maybe I'll go there and ask when it's time

It used to be about 85$ out the door here for 4, now its 95$ or so at a hyundai dealer.

Do you have a technical college nearby? Call the automotive department and see if they're teaching tire tech and ask if you can offer up your car for training. They will likely have the latest and best Hunter equipment and usually charge $5 an hour for labor. At least the tech college where my wife works does.

Otherwise, my local dealer charges $39.95 for 4 wheels RF balanced and that includes dismounting and indexing.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Do you have a technical college nearby? Call the automotive department and see if they're teaching tire tech and ask if you can offer up your car for training. They will likely have the latest and best Hunter equipment and usually charge $5 an hour for labor. At least the tech college where my wife works does.

Otherwise, my local dealer charges $39.95 for 4 wheels RF balanced and that includes dismounting and indexing.

Not a good idea.
I've been to the auto tech courses. and learning to mount a tire for the first time takes soem skill. Brand new tires get their beads ripped to pieces as people learn how to mount/unmount a tire. Then the brand new tires get turned over to the patch-and plug station and get about 50patches put in them so it's not a total loss.

I'm not sure they'll take your car unless you're donating the whole thing as there's too much liability and your vehicle has to be out by the end of the course period whether it's done or not.
They're not going to let you come in just for 1 tire rotation or a balance, it's not worth the effort. They'll want your car long enough to have the tires mounted and rotated at least 20 times by the students to make the hassle worth it.

On the other hand if you take the auto-tech course, then of course you can choose to work on your own car.

Last edited:
I found a place a little ways out of my uppity, "pay ANY price they ask" (this includes food and EVERYTHING else) area (in Ottsville), which only charged me $15.00/wheel for a tire mount AND road force balance.

ALL of the places in town, and the closer areas charge at least TWICE that for just a balance without mounting, and not even a road force balance!
mad.gif

I guess the richy riches, and the upscale hipsters will pay ANY price, no matter how high.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back