Mobil Super 3000 X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've been searching UAO of this oil for a long time and finally I found it in a Russian website (oilclub.ru) kinda Russian version of bitog! You can see the virgin oil sample below.

My father drives Ford connect but Europe version 1.8 TDDI diesel engine (50K miles on it). Ford requires 5w-30 913-C type of oil. He has been using this oil with an OCI of 5K/7-8 months. The car is driven not hard but climbs very steep hills all the time.

It seems to me that oil has a robust additives but I am not sure what the base stocks are? I assume Group III+ since it says fully synthetic on the bottle and Mobil EU websites!

What do you guys think about this oil based on UAO?

e.g I could not find UAO for 5W-30 so this is what we have!
083126940d3126orig.jpg

I rather doubt you'll find a UOA on here, this oil is not sold in the U.S. market, though you may ask if any members from the EU
or SE Asia or down under are using this oil.

I am using that in my V50 and am soon to use it in my Pathfinder.

It meets specs above those which your tddi engine needs, the 913 C is the latest Ford spec and was only introduced recently.

Unless they are different in other parts of Europe.

The older spec were 913 A and B.

That oil meets them all.

I don't have any UOA for that oil but I can assure you that my 2.0 d runs happily on it, unlike Comma 5w30 which made it sound like a bag of bolts when cold!

I think the 913C spec relates to the later Dpf equipped Fords, Volvos etc. as the saps of that oil is only 0.8 which is as low as many specific low saps oils.

I don't think it makes the Acea "C" specs due to the fact it is a reduced HTHS oil.

The old tddi engine in the Connect will likely outlast most diesels even if run on significantly inferior oil as it is a development of the old school 1.8d from the '80s and '90s.

I did own a Focus estate with that engine in it was little agricultural but robust.

I now have UOA sample ready to go to Blackstone Carlube 5w30 C3, Castrol Edge 5w40 C3 and in 5k I will have Mobil Super 3000 X1 FE 5w30 A5/B5.

All have been for 5/6k in pretty much identical day in day out regular usage.

Sorry I have no data for you now but watch this space, should be interesting to see the differences between a C3 and an A5/B5 with similar saps levels.

I bought the workshop manual for the Pathfinder which is how I discovered the Diesel engine in it can also be ran on A5/B5, my initial concern was the Dpf so when I found that this oil had the right saps levels it was a no brainer for me.

One caveat with relating Western European results and OCI's with Russia though as I have been told that Russia still has high sulphur fuels.

That might need to figured in as I don't think you can run oil as long due to the higher sulphur levels.

I have never been to Russia so could be wrong on the sulphur levels it was just something I saw on a news programme a few years ago.

The tddi engine will run fine on any 5w30 A5/B5 oil, Castrol are commonly used by Ford dealers and is the Magnatec 5w30 A5/B5 is what many use in old and new Ford diesels, your engine is a Ford one the 2.0d and 1.6d are the joint venture with Peugeot and Citreon and are also fitted in Volvos, not the same as the latest 5 cylinder engines as fitted to recent D2, D3, D4 models they are a development of the D5 Diesel engine.

I suspect Ford Formula F 5w30 will also do the job just fine.

I prefer to do my oil changes at 5/6k most of the time rather than the 10k or 12.5k intervals.

I actually still have an oil filter for the tddi (2002) engine in my shed!

A Wix WL 7093 if I remember rightly.

I will be interested in these UOA's as we are seeing some UK only blends
I will be doing a Magnatec 5/30 A1 A5 UOA in June from our Suzuki Jeep.

eddie

Been a long term user of Magnatec 5w30 A1/B1, A5/B5 as it is under £25 for four litres at Costco.

Pity I never took any samples for UOA, but we are talking the best part of 150k or so over just over 5 years in a Ford Mondeo 130tdci (05) and the current V50 which is a Docus in a posh frock!

Part of my reasoning is that I can use one oil for the Pathfinder and V50.

Should be ok for the possible replacement for the V50, a Jaguar XF!

Will definitely be posting up the results.

Not sure what US and Canada based forum user will get from the results as small diesels are still a minority of vehicles. And why not at the price they pay for petrol!

Did you have any chance to take a look at inside the engine when you change the timing belt or something else?

If so, how was it? clean? any sludge?

What was your OCI during 130K?

The mk3 Mondeo was a camchain engine, but the camchain was as quiet as the day I bought it at just over 80k when my mate sold it, it would have been around the 250/260k mile mark by then.

The only issue the car had was needing a new multi belt and tensioner as it was noisy at Tickover, as soon as you touched the throttle it was as quiet as a mouse.

If your tddi engine is like the one on the Focus tddi it has a camchain and a cambelt. Been five years since I did the cambelt on one so that is from memory alone, I think the belt ran the diesel pump and water pump but I can't really remember.

OCI was usually around the 5/6k mile mark on the Mondeo and V50, was about 10k on the old Focus as I was using it on long runs only and it was just an old runaround with nearly 300k on it, was an ex minicab.

The only issue with the tddi you are likely to use is low compression showing up as poor cold starting and the oil pumps need replacing when at really high miles, mine was like that, the oil light would come on at Tickover when hot, I ran it like that for at least 15k.

The lump in your Connect is a hardy one, if a bit agricultural.

Originally Posted By: Dmitry_K
We have an analysis of the oil after receiving API SN: Mobil 3000 X1 5W40 API SN

Thx a lot for shading this, Dimitry!
This could be a good alternafive Summer oil in my SAAB - current fill is M1 0W40 for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back