Help with I.D. of interesting processing plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our sales reps saw this a while back while making his rounds. He showed my friend and I who had little idea what exactly it is. I told the rep I'd post it up as I know this board has a very diverse cross section of knowledge.

CAM00614_zpszdoi4zy7.jpg

I can't provide much in the way of background, except that this appears to be a private or rather personal use set up. There is no business attached to the equipment.

My guess is that it's a rotary drier/tube mill for the production of stock feed...now off to Google images.

At first glance, I would have guessed seed cleaning, but it looks a little too complex for such a rudimentary purpose. Then again, I'm out of my depth much beyond wheat.

Shannow- I think you've got it. I search the web using the phrase you used in your reply and came up with this:

Rotary_dryer_for_drying_different_materials_factory_sale__7934_4.jpg

Well i thought I'd update this thread with the answer!

A friend and I were talking the other day- he works in the ag seed business, so I showed him. He didn't know what it was, but thought he knew who would. Should it to a friend who just happened to live nearby. Apparently it's used to dehydrate organic wheat grass for consumption.

I'm glad the mystery was solved. I personally was torn between some kind of combustion engine with a giant muffler or alternatively, a water heater powered by a rocket engine.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Given the choice, I would have gone with rocket powered water heater.

I hear you, but the muffler appearance is quite striking.

Looks like a spray dryer with an initial fired stage to pre-heat and perhaps recuperate thermal energy. My first thought was starch, but I can't imagine something so fine and processed given the surroundings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back