Nascar Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is going to be Harvick, but I would be happy if Logano or Newman won also. Would be kinda cool if Newman didn't win the race, but won the title.

Maybe a long shot but it would be great if Newman won.
Even if he got the championship.
The best thing is no Hendrick car winning.

Last edited:
It will be either Harvick or Logano. I'd rather see Logano win it tho. After the incident at Texas I hope Harvicks engine blows up after the first lap.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
The chase has become a joke. Dale Jr should still be in it based on wins as should gordon.I like Newnan but win and your in doesn't apply to him? The systen is flawed to me.

Going to have to win the race to win championship think it's going to be the 11 car Denny Hamlin

ram_man said:
The chase has become a joke. Dale Jr should still be in it based on wins as should gordon.I like Newnan but win and your in doesn't apply to him? The systen is flawed to me.[/quote

Everyone new the rules going in boo hoo my guy is not in.

Originally Posted By: oliveoil
Can a guy call himself a champion if he didn't win a race all year? It's a silly set up NASCAR has now.

Sure is , Its nothing like it used to be , Reason I don't watch it no more.

Next year there's going to be a couple of new points categories. First is going to be the swimsuit competition including a talent contest comprised of singing and playing a musical instrument. They will also award a "Mr. Congeniality" prize along with an award for the best hairdo and makeup and most appealing driving suit. All points will be applied toward qualifying for the Chase and all drivers in the Chase will be able to compete, again for points that will be applied to the final totals. These points will be equal to the points actually earned on the track by driving kit cars around in circles. Points will also be awarded for the best accidents to recognize drivers efforts to entertain the fans and promote their sponsors.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Next year there's going to be a couple of new points categories. First is going to be the swimsuit competition including a talent contest comprised of singing and playing a musical instrument. They will also award a "Mr. Congeniality" prize along with an award for the best hairdo and makeup and most appealing driving suit. All points will be applied toward qualifying for the Chase and all drivers in the Chase will be able to compete, again for points that will be applied to the final totals. These points will be equal to the points actually earned on the track by driving kit cars around in circles. Points will also be awarded for the best accidents to recognize drivers efforts to entertain the fans and promote their sponsors.

I just realized, there aren't any black NASCAR drivers! I can't remember ever seeing one. Am I wrong? Is it the whole redneck thing?

Given that nascar cars have decals for headlights, and two door versions of four door cars, I don't really care.

I only ever followed Gordon because I had done some consulting work for DuPont and they always displayed his updates.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Given that nascar cars have decals for headlights, and two door versions of four door cars, I don't really care.

I only ever followed Gordon because I had done some consulting work for DuPont and they always displayed his updates.

I used to follow nascar, but lost intrest when the cars stopped conforming/ similarly to whats on the street. The only difference in body is whose decal is on it. At least during the 80's a buick stock car looked similar to the buick on the street.

scrp_0208_03_z%2Bbuick_regal_nascar%2Bmark_martin.jpg

31139350004_large.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Are there any black fans?

Yes there is... at least at the race I went to .. Bristol,TN this past August.

I was really apprehensive of the new format when it was announced, but it proved itself. As for people making fun of it, almost every season it was down to 2-3 drivers that could win in the last 2 races. This year there were 8 drivers eligible to win with 2 races left, and 4 in the last race. The system rewarded both winning and consistent finishes.

The only tweak I would make, and I said this about the original Chase format, was a separate points system for the drivers that are in the Chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back